+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

FORT Fogey

Re: Glee

The whole show needs to be rethought. The continued lack of recognition of the SUCCESSFUL glee club is not realistic. With success and the addition of popular kids, the club in reality would grow. The character of Sue is no longer amuzing but is now scary sick.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    The whole show needs to be rethought. The continued lack of recognition of the SUCCESSFUL glee club is not realistic. With success and the addition of popular kids, the club in reality would grow. The character of Sue is no longer amuzing but is now scary sick.
    I think this show is going to be a lot like Desperate Housewives--for the sake of the show some craziness, questionable storylines (including huh moments where people continuously fall prey to unlikely catastrophes and/or diseases) and a severe lack of continuity is going to be the norm.

Tonight's episode (just got over 5 minutes ago on the East Coast) was fantastic! Loved it, loved it.

Loads of wonderful musical numbers, plausible plot, and a break from Sue. Sue did not appear in this episode at all.

Loved the episode but I think there was a commercial every 8 minutes!!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    That would be about right...I was overseas once watching reruns of American shows, and was puzzled as to why the hour long shows were only 40 minutes long, yet nothing seemed to have been cut.... Lightbulb goes off..overseas there were no commercials. So typically an hour long show has 40 minutes of show and 20 of commercials, spread out at the start, about 10 minutes in, about 20 minutes in, at the half hour, at about 40 minutes in, at about 50 minutes in, and at the end before the preview. The ones from the half hour on are longer than the ones in the first half hour, as they want to be sure you are hooked, not have you go channel surfing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Yes that part was very annoying.

I went back and timed the commercials out of curiosity and they all average almost 5 minutes apiece for a total of 33 minutes out of 88. So 55 minutes of actual Glee.

very good Maybaybie! With the recap at the beginning the actual time is 56mins 49secs.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, to be fair, I don't think you can charge the recap or the preview against the commercials! I certainly look at them as part of the show. Previews of other shows are commercials to me, but not previews of Glee.
    33/88=37.5%, which is even worse than 20/60= 33.3% of the past.

FORT Fanatic

What did everyone think of last night's episode? Once again the character of Sue is not funny, and really, not necessary. In fact, it's almost embarrassing...Jane Lynch is better than this. I liked most of the music. I've never been a Fleetwood Mac fan, but I liked the way the Glee club put their own spin on the songs. I can't wait for next week's episode...Prom!! The promos looked great...they showed Blaine on stage singing.

Note: I'm finding the episodes I like the best are ones that either don't feature Sue or feature her very little. Her character needs some major retooling.

+ Reply to Thread