+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

  1. #1341
    FORT Fogey Tigerusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,438

    Re: GLEE

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    One person's "crap" is another person's "hilarious satire." I'm fairly certain that the writers are well aware that a high enough percentage of their target demographic is of the latter point of view. And if not, time and ratings will tell.
    I can tell you a fact that there was a huge audience of viewers of the show in the beginning that went away because they just got tired of being insulted, which resulted in those high percentages you are talking about. Can you say, "Self fulfilling prophecy".
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

  2. #1342
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,199

    Re: GLEE

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty View Post
    I can tell you a fact that there was a huge audience of viewers of the show in the beginning that went away because they just got tired of being insulted, which resulted in those high percentages you are talking about. Can you say, "Self fulfilling prophecy".
    I think that some of the numbers went away because the show "dumbed down" when it went to 8/7c. I'm curious to see if the numbers go up if the show is indeed going back to its satiric roots by continuing from this past episode.
    (Though, to continue to be successful, it would have to be rescheduled to a later time slot in order to not be quite as heavily censored.) Again, we'll see.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  3. #1343
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    711

    Re: Glee

    I bought Season 2, Volume 1 this weekend and watched it straight through. OMG I love the scene with Burt Hummel putting Karovsky in a strangle hold. Mike O'Malley is awesome!! He deserves an Emmy. Excellent chemistry between him and Chris Colfer (Kurt). Wonderful!!

  4. #1344
    FORT Fanatic its_glinda_now's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    California
    Age
    26
    Posts
    514

    Re: Glee

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25 View Post
    I bought Season 2, Volume 1 this weekend and watched it straight through. OMG I love the scene with Burt Hummel putting Karovsky in a strangle hold. Mike O'Malley is awesome!! He deserves an Emmy. Excellent chemistry between him and Chris Colfer (Kurt). Wonderful!!
    Isn't he just the best dad ever? I would kill to have him as my dad.

    I also loved that scene with Karofsky but I think this is my favorite Burt Hummel scene - YouTube - Glee Burt Hummel's Speech to Finn about gays

    I get goosebumps and I cry every time I watch it. I would love to see him get an Emmy, or at least a nomination.

  5. #1345
    FORT Fogey causingchaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,917

    Re: Glee

    Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now View Post
    Isn't he just the best dad ever? I would kill to have him as my dad.

    I also loved that scene with Karofsky but I think this is my favorite Burt Hummel scene - YouTube - Glee Burt Hummel's Speech to Finn about gays

    I get goosebumps and I cry every time I watch it. I would love to see him get an Emmy, or at least a nomination.
    Next to the recent Kurt discussion with what's his nose about bisexual issues this is my most favorite Glee scene ever. And scenes like this are what really makes Glee for me. I don't care about the dating and stupid romances. I care about the real topics that they deal with head on in this show which seems to be lacking in more recent episodes.

    I have a hard time seeing Mike in any normal acting role because to me he's always going to be the game show host from Nickelodeon.

  6. #1346
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    711

    Re: Glee

    Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    Next to the recent Kurt discussion with what's his nose about bisexual issues this is my most favorite Glee scene ever. And scenes like this are what really makes Glee for me. I don't care about the dating and stupid romances. I care about the real topics that they deal with head on in this show which seems to be lacking in more recent episodes.

    I have a hard time seeing Mike in any normal acting role because to me he's always going to be the game show host from Nickelodeon.
    I didn't know he was on Nickelodeon. I keep picturing him as Jimmy in Yes, Dear.

  7. #1347
    FORT Fogey causingchaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,917

    Re: Glee

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25 View Post
    I didn't know he was on Nickelodeon. I keep picturing him as Jimmy in Yes, Dear.
    Early 90's he hosted some game shows on there. I just totally can't wrap my mind around him being a real actor now. It's just very weird to me. lol

  8. #1348
    Hey you! MiaT2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    1,539

    Re: Glee

    A bit of fun since there are no new eps to discuss. LOVE Mark Salling - the HAIR!!!
    Glee Cast High School Pics

  9. #1349
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,230

    Re: Glee

    Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    A bit of fun since there are no new eps to discuss. LOVE Mark Salling - the HAIR!!!
    Glee Cast High School Pics
    Wow! The hair is right!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

  10. #1350
    FORT Fanatic its_glinda_now's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    California
    Age
    26
    Posts
    514

    Re: Glee

    Jenna's photo was my favorite. She was so little and cute!


+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.