+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I was flipping channels a bit last night, so I didn't see either Kathy Griffin or Loretta Devine.
    When were they on? Was it a very small scene?
    They weren't in it for very long, they were both judges at Regionals and had maybe 5 minutes of screen time total.

re: GLEE

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now View Post
    They weren't in it for very long, they were both judges at Regionals and had maybe 5 minutes of screen time total.
    Although their feature was small, I thought both Kathy Griffin and Loretta Devine did a great job!

Re: Glee

I'm like the rest of you, I enjoyed the originals much more than I expected. Even "Trout Mouth."

Great episode, loved Kurt and Blaine, and even Rachel didn't annoy me as much as usual. The judges were fun. The only dark spot was Sue's punch at the end, totally unnecessary.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Maybe its just that im from Ohio.. and given what I know about Dagmar Celeste, I laughed till i nearly cried with the punch at the end.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

LOVED last night's episode - I feel like the Glee I fell in love with last fall is back!!

The original songs were fantastic and Lea actually didn't annoy me, which was an added bonus. Kurt & Blaine were so cute (loved Kurt's Black Bird solo) and I thought Kathy Giffin and Loretta Devine were perfect in their roles.

Is it too much to hope that the rest of the season will return to this format and this type of storyline?? Because last night's episode brought back everything I love(d) about Glee all together again. They need to stick with that formula.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Re: GLEE

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I was flipping channels a bit last night, so I didn't see either Kathy Griffin or Loretta Devine.
    When were they on? Was it a very small scene?
    Toward the end -- and left me wanting more. They were judges for regionals, so they were shown at the judges' intro and during the deliberation scene. Kathy Griffin was hilarious as the Palin-O'Donnell-Bachman teabagger combo, and Loretta Devine was an ex-stripper nun. Hil-effin-arious!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Loved that Brittany's favorite song is "My Headband."

So do we think that Finn and Rachael are going to get back together now? The way he looked at her after her song made me wonder.

I also loved all of the things others have mentioned, It was a good show.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

The orignal songs were great! Since I've never heard half the songs they sing anyway I couldn't have told you if they hadn't said which were the new ones and which were covers. It's been a nice intro to a lot of music for me!
    Overall, great episode.

Oh. My other favorite lines....

"Whoa! Scary Quinn. OK."

"First. Do we have proof that all of these kids were born in the United States?"
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Oh. My other favorite lines....

"Whoa! Scary Quinn. OK."

"First. Do we have proof that all of these kids were born in the United States?"
    I burst at laughing at the bolded - I did not expect that one at all. That whole scene was hilarious!

They did make me wonder if Rachel & Finn will get back together but I'm kind of hoping they won't - when they were together, Rachel was obnoxious. I like vulnerable, insecure Rachel much, much better (maybe that's what reminds me of the first season so much). So I hope she needs to 'work' for him some more.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread