+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

I hope this was the end of Gwyneth's role on the show. It was cool the first time but I didn't really enjoy her as much the second time around. I wish they would just get rid of all guest stars tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Ryan Murphy has always said that the stars of the show are the teachers, not the kids. Eventually, if the show continues to do well, the "kids" will cycle out and be replaced. For me, the show is about Will and the kids, with a little bit of Sue thrown in. This week, I didn't even miss Sue. There has been too much of her in recent episodes and she's gotten too mean and violent. She's better in small doses.
    I was really surprised to hear Ryan say that the show was supposed to be about the adults. I watch the show for the kids 100%. I do enjoy Sue but it really wouldn't matter to me if she were to leave the show tomorrow, and I'd actually prefer it Will left tomorrow. I just can't see myself being as invested in the show as I am now without these kids in it, Will and Sue aren't even close to enough to keep me watching when the Glee club graduates.

I'm actually excited about the original songs. Max Martin is a great song writer who's written a bunch a really terrific pop hits. I have high hopes
    I'm so glad I'm not alone in this! I haven't really been able to find anyone else who is excited about seeing the original songs next week. I can't wait!
    (I know that they have leaked but I don't think I want to listen to them until they air to get the full effect)

IMO, one of the best moments of the first season was the scene where Will finds Terri's pregnancy pad.
    That was an amazing scene!! The intensity was great. Super job by both actors there.

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now View Post

I'm so glad I'm not alone in this! I haven't really been able to find anyone else who is excited about seeing the original songs next week. I can't wait!
    (I know that they have leaked but I don't think I want to listen to them until they air to get the full effect)
    I'm afraid to get excited. Don't want to be disappointed. However, I'm really curious and just from the preview clips they've shown on tv, it doesn't sound too bad. I'm keeping an open mind. Who knows? It might be the boost the show needs.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I liked this week's episode better than I have any GLEE episode in a long time. It caught my attention in ways the show hasn't since Burt Hummel's heart attack. I thought Santana and Brittany did pretty well with a relationship that could easily have felt cliche (like the whole bullying character and storyline felt to me). Also agree that Burt Hummel's talk to Kurt was spot on.

That said, I have finally started watching season 1 from start to finish. I watched it first over the summer reruns, but they skipped a lot of episodes that I'll finally get to see now for the first time. I feel like Quinn's pregnancy kept some sense of continuity and progression through that season that this one has lacked. Season 1 had a direction and inevitable climax. Season two is just a series of episodes. Something like that.
    _(Moo!)

Quote Originally Posted by grapenuts View Post
    I agree. I thought last night's episode was great and think Gwyneth's been great. I wouldn't mind her as regular character. I like the chemistry between her and Will and how she interacts with the kids.
    I enjoyed her appearance on the show. I love her singing and like you say her interaction with the kids. Brittany continues to crack me up and I could watch her dance all night long.

I hope Gwyneth does not come back, I dislike her singing I fast forward through it her voice is so annoying she is a bit much for the kids in my opinion. I don't think she brings anything to the show.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    I enjoyed her appearance on the show. I love her singing and like you say her interaction with the kids. Brittany continues to crack me up and I could watch her dance all night long.
    Brittany. She's my favorite. I read that most of her lines are improv. Heather Morris said that once she even questioned if her character was supposed to be played as "mentally slow"...no, said Ryan Murphy, just quirky. And boy howdy can she dance!!!

Brittney cracks me up. When she was talking about how she had a bun in the oven because a stork built a nest outside her window...

I liked the PIECES of this episode: Afternoon Delight (I was practically in tears I was laughing so hard), Burt and Kurt/Blaine, Santana and Brittney. I even like Gwenyth on the show. I thought it was really silly that the Warblers invited these girls in to critique their sex appeal and then Kurt and Blaine pretty much sang the song to each other.

My big problem with the last two episodes has been that to me they seem more like an anti-after-school-special. The message I am hearing is EVERY teenager WILL drink and EVERY teenager WILL have sex. I don't hear any discussion of teenagers actually having a choice. I'm not naive, I am quite aware that the vast majority of teens will engage in these behaviors, I just don't like it framed in this manner. Kids have choices and there can be serious consequences associated with these choices.

I thought the Santana/Brittany song was really touching. The actress who plays Santana did a great job of showing her vulnerability and her conflict over feeling vulnerable.

I forgot who was asking how long their relationship has been going on on the show, but it's been shown for a long time--I think pretty much since Brittany showed up. It wasn't treated as any big deal. They would just get together every once in a while an make out or sometimes just talk about it. It's been an aspect of their relationship since the beginning.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Kathy Griffin on Glee tomorrow night! Love her!!

+ Reply to Thread