+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 274 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

PWS
    FORT Fogey

re: GLEE

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3704955;
    I think Terri got a clue when she noticed cute little Emma clapping and ogling her man!

Isn't the actress who plays Tina?, Will's mom the same actress who plays George's mother on Grey's Anatomy?
    I think you are right, that's why she looked familiar to me....

Harmony, it's interesting that they are redeeming the head Cheerio and making her a better rival for the quarterback/singer guy.

PWS, I like that they are doing that and I also like that they are redeeming the wife as well. I prefer it when a show does the triangle that way. When they make it really hard for the viewers to decide who they are rooting for and who they want to get the "guy" in the end. It gets the viewers to talking and arguing amongst themselves over who is the better fit when the bad guy isn't so clear cut.

Because right now? I can see reasons why the QB would stay with the head Cheerio and reasons why he would leave her for Rachael. Same with Will and his wife and Emma.

But even more than that, it makes me feel sorry for both girls and makes me torn over who should end up with him (the QB). Heck...maybe they should both ditch him and just date each other. I don't think he's all that much of a catch anyways. LOL!

(I really need to learn these names better)

Tina isn't the mom. She's the Asian girl that stutters.
    Finn is the main QB.
    Quinn is his girlfriend and the head Cheerio.
    Terri is Will's wife.

While I'm at it:

Puck is the punk-looking guy.
    Mercedes is the belter of the group, who had a crush on Kurt...
    who's the one who just came out of the closet. (On a side note, the actor that plays Kurt is pretty special. He tried out for the role of Artie, but the producers liked him so much that they created a role just for him. They put him in place of an Indian character, which they then turned into the principal.)
    Artie is the guy in the wheelchair.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3704377;
    Loved the third episode (the one that aired tonight). It was so wonderfully done. The singing didn't seem as overproduced as it did last week. When the one guy came out, it was perfect. I adore this show.
    Completely agree. The songs were not overproduced this time around, which made me enjoy the show more. I'm liking it so far. Not loving, but it's one of the few non-reality shows I've watched, ever. So if it's holding my interest by this point, then there must be something good going for it.

I must say, it's stepping a little into the "overrated" pool. People around my high school rave about this show constantly. It's as if it's the best.show.EVER, and it's only been 3 episodes. It kinda irks me a bit, but whatever, it's their opinion. Just for me personally, it hasn't been as amazing as the pilot episode was just yet.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 09-20-2009 at 03:42 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I'm becoming bored with this show. I'll give it about one more week. If it doesn't improve, it's going off the record list on my DVR.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

That's too bad Miss Griss.

It's the first show to receive a full season pick up!!

EW online has a piece up that tells you what the cast members did before this show and it's really interesting. I've wondered if these people are actually singing or it's dubbing and somebody else doing it.

Lea Michele = Rachel Berry was on Broadway in Fiddler on the Roof, Ragtime, Les Misérables, and originated the role of Wendla in Spring Awakening.

Matthew Morrison = Will Schuester has guested on various shows however he is also from Broadway and has been in Hairspray (Link Larkin), The Light in the Piazza (Fabrizio Naccarelli he got a Tony nomination), and South Pacific (Lt. Joseph Cable).

Kevin McHale = Artie Abrans is a member of a boyband called NLT (while not in the same league was being on Broadway, he can sing).

Patrick Gallagher = Ken Tanaka - no singing in his bio however he is on True Blood as Chow.

The rest of them have been in a number of shows except for the ones playing Mercedes, Tina, Puck, and Kurt. The producer/director took a chance on relative unknowns and I think it's really paid off. I sort of love these characters even more than that titled teen characters of Finn, Quinn, and Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3709300;
    The rest of them have been in a number of shows except for the ones playing Mercedes, Tina, Puck, and Kurt. The producer/director took a chance on relative unknowns and I think it's really paid off. I sort of love these characters even more than that titled teen characters of Finn, Quinn, and Rachel.
    I love the side characters too....but I adore Rachel! She has such a beautiful voice....and I'm not surprised to hear about her broadway background at all For me, the weakest singer in the bunch is Finn. I like the character, and he's a good singer, he just doesn't seem as strong as some of the others. But if that's my only complaint (and so far it is....and it's a tiny one) so be it. I'm still looking forward to this show every week But I do hope they continue to showcase some of the others every week. The have an outstanding ensemble cast...and so far they are making excellent use of it.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3709342;
    ... For me, the weakest singer in the bunch is Finn. I like the character, and he's a good singer, he just doesn't seem as strong as some of the others.....
    I read an interview where he said that he had never sung anywhere other than in his shower before this show and didn't even know he could sing. He sounded amazed, I really like the way he's playing this character as clueless and awkward. Plus if the story is true then it's an awesome tie in to how Will "discovered" him in the boy's locker room shower! LOL

Oh I like Quinn, Finn, and Rachel too but I sort of love the side characters more.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3707349;
    I'm becoming bored with this show. I'll give it about one more week. If it doesn't improve, it's going off the record list on my DVR.
    I completely understand! I loved the first episode but the last one left me bored half way through..I just erased it without even finishing. Perhaps this should have been a movie, since I feel like they already achieved their goal: becoming a good glee club. Everything seems anti-climatic and/or fluffy to me now.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3709300;
    Lea Michele = Rachel Berry was on Broadway in Fiddler on the Roof, Ragtime, Les MisÚrables, and originated the role of Wendla in Spring Awakening.
    I KNEW I recognized her! I couldn't place her, but knew she looked familiar and not just because she looks exactly like Idina Menzel. TMZ actually posted side-by-side photos of them, so other people have noticed the resemblance.
    Matthew Morrison = Will Schuester has guested on various shows however he is also from Broadway and has been in Hairspray (Link Larkin), The Light in the Piazza (Fabrizio Naccarelli he got a Tony nomination), and South Pacific (Lt. Joseph Cable).
    I remember seeing him perform on the Tonys and just thinking "wow."

I'm definitely still watching. It's one of my favorite new shows.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread