+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

"Afternoon Delight" was awesome! "A nooner is when you have dessert in the middle of the day" The look on Artie's face during that number was hilarious!

I love Burt Hummel. That sex talk was the best.

This episode was kind of hit and miss for me, but there were a few really good moments, like the stuff with Kurt and his dad, the scenes with Santana and Brittany and, of course, John Stamos.

Regionals is next week!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I love Joan Jett's songs. When sung by Joan Jett.
    I love Burt Hummel. That sex talk was the best.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now View Post
    A lot of Gwyneth? Idk how I feel about that. I loved "Forget You" but I don't need to hear a bunch of songs from her.
    Gwyneth just needs to go away now. ENOUGH.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Yeah, that was a little too much Gwyneth for me, especially at the expense of showing the regular cast.

Afternoon Delight was priceless, with Emma thinking it was about picnics and fireworks. And yay to Blaine for taking the time to go to Kurt's dad with his concerns!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I liked the high points of the episode. Especially the Santana Brittney stuff.

I won't be watching next week. I don't want to watch them sing their own songs. For music I watch for the covers of songs and it doesn't interest me at all to see Glee's own music.

'Afternoon Delight' was the highlight of that show- they looked so absolutely ridiculous and Puck really getting into it totally cracked me up.
    I read that back in the day when that was popular a lot of people just thought it was a nice song and didn't realize they were singing about sex, so I suppose it's not out of the realm of possibility that Emma was clueless about it as well.

I'm not looking forward to them singing original songs either. I admire the writers ambition, but it's just not what made Glee popular to begin with. I hope it's only a one time thing.

Usually Regionals or Sectionals signifies the end of the season or a long break (like around this past Dec-Feb). Does anyone know if the season will be over after next week or going on another long break?

Add me to those who loved the 'Afternoon Delight' scene. I also thought some of Artie's looks were hilarious. Wasn't a fan of the big Santanna revelation but I thought the scene with Kurt and Burt was phenomenal. The explanations and words he used were great.

I didn't like the Warblers song or the performance of Landslide. I hate that that song has almost totally become about the Dixie Chicks countrified version instead of the original. I was surprised to hear "Kiss" but then wondered if that was one of the songs either Prince didn't write or he lost control over in his battles with the record companies because he doesn't usually license his music out like that.

I'm not enjoying the show as much as I used to. I don't know if it's because it's suddenly developed a strong "after school special" feel or if it's because of the huge focus it has on sex now. Every single episode is about hooking up, getting drunk and hooking up, vowing celibacy and not hooking up, wishing to hook up, etc. It's driving me crazy.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I'm hoping the sex "talk" (w/the exception of Kurt's storyline) was so Gwyneth had a role vehicle. Hopefully showcasing her will be over. I thought it was hilarious - the premise for "afternoon delight"! You knew that's what she honestly thought that it was an innocent song! Too funny!!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Add me to the list of people who liked "Afternoon Delight". Emma's description of it was hilarious. I really can do without Gwyneth. Loved the scene with Burt and Blaine, then Burt and Kurt.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread