+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

I was a heavier highschool student and watching the Lauren story makes me horribly uncomfortable. Not that I think she shouldn't date the hottest guy or that the hottest guy wouldn't be into her. Or even that she could do better than a sleeze bag like him. But just how they present it makes me feel yucky.

Anyhow, I only made it through half the episode last night. Turned it off when Rachel was doing the song she wrote. Came back to the party. The dress was distracting me. Flipped away again after they got drunk and stupid. Came back again to see Blaine in bed with Kurt and his dad walking in. Flipped away again came back to see the one redeeming moment in the show that I saw which was the bi conversation that Blaine had with Kurt which I really enjoyed because it hit home for me (as part of that community on the female side).

Then finally a little after the halfway point I gave up on it.

I must be getting old because watching them get drunk at the party was uncomfortable for me and something I felt the show didn't need. I do think the writing has gotten sloppier and the plot lines are focusing more and more heavily on sex themes. Also, while I like the Sue character, I think she's allowed to get away with way way way too much. Will's drunk dialing was funny but Sue's announcement and subsequent broadcasting of the message was way out of line.

I did love Rachel's dress and Finn's description of the various "types" of drunks.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post

I did love Rachel's dress and Finn's description of the various "types" of drunks.
    That was my favorite part! It's soooo true what he said.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Just now watching on DVR:
    Is it getting close to Red-Ribbon Week? This has to qualify as the lamest episode ever. (I hope they're getting back to parody, but given this idiotic 8pm time slot, I fear not...) This episode reminds of one of those horrid church youth-group or middle-school assembly skits, but one that goes on way too long. Uggghhh.
    Last edited by Ellen; 02-23-2011 at 12:56 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

While this week's ep isn't on my list of faves, this list of quotable quotes is pretty good.

Best 'Glee' Quotes from 'Blame It on the Alcohol'

iTunes is taking advanced orders for Glee album 5. There are some itneresting songs that we have not hear yet and a lot of Gwyneth.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

A lot of Gwyneth? Idk how I feel about that. I loved "Forget You" but I don't need to hear a bunch of songs from her.

Am I the only one who was annoyed by the Glee kids bashing Will over him drinking? He is an adult and it's not a big deal for a grown man to have a few drinks. I do like that the show had him taking a cab home. Shows some responsibility there.

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentsKiss View Post
    Am I the only one who was annoyed by the Glee kids bashing Will over him drinking? He is an adult and it's not a big deal for a grown man to have a few drinks. I do like that the show had him taking a cab home. Shows some responsibility there.
    Yeah. It's the ol' "but you do it" excuse kids use. Yeah, well, it's not illegal for me to do so.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

CMS
    FORT Newbie

Although I used fast forward quite a bit during this episode, I finally "watched" it. I agree with the comments about it being annoying how the Glee kids bashed Will. And I just cannot stand Sue. I know she is supposed to be an extreme character, I just don't like people that mean. I know this is a fictional show, but her antics are just ridiculous.

It also annoys me how she manipulates Becky. I bet if she was back in high school and someone was getting her beloved sister to act like she is encouraging Becky to act, she would not like it.

Although there have been some OK episodes, I think this season has been a real disappointment.

+ Reply to Thread