+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

I don't think of this as a family show at all - too much sex talk for that.....and I don't mean sexuality talk.

The problem I have with the show is that there is just too of the whole "Very Special Episode" lately: stunt casting, theme episodes and not enough focus on what hooked many of us with first episode. Rachel and Mercedes singing 'Take Me Or Leave Me" in the last episode is the kind of thing that made me love the show, not guest appearances from Katie Couric or Gwyneth Paltrow (even though I thought she was good). If they would put the focus on the kids and their talent, the show wouldn't be so uneven.

For my money, the ONLY good theme episode of the entire series was "The Power of Madonna." Every other theme episode has fallen short.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    Glee became what it was parodying to me...
    My thoughts exactly! I much prefer the parody.
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    ...the show is now being written for the children (7 year olds sticks out in my mind). Which is greatly disappointing.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who's thinking this. What a disappointing sellout!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I don't think of this as a family show at all - too much sex talk for that.....and I don't mean sexuality talk.

The problem I have with the show is that there is just too of the whole "Very Special Episode" lately: stunt casting, theme episodes and not enough focus on what hooked many of us with first episode. Rachel and Mercedes singing 'Take Me Or Leave Me" in the last episode is the kind of thing that made me love the show, not guest appearances from Katie Couric or Gwyneth Paltrow (even though I thought she was good). If they would put the focus on the kids and their talent, the show wouldn't be so uneven.

For my money, the ONLY good theme episode of the entire series was "The Power of Madonna." Every other theme episode has fallen short.
    I would say children in the sense of pre-teen/young teen versus older teen and adult. It was clearly written for adults/older teens before. But it's clearly becoming what it used to be parodying.

The lack of continuity in the story lines. The "special" episodes and what not don't help it any. The songs thrown in just to have another song doesn't help. Now it's just songs with some dialog thrown in between. It's just poor writing and now they want to do their own songs.

I used to make attempts to catch this every week. But not so much anymore.

FORT Fanatic

I watch this show because of Sue Sylvester.

FORT Regular

I dont see how anyone could say this was written for anyone but adults and teens. This is not written for kids under 14 or so. Now do kids watch it? yes but all the sexual stuff and everything in between is pretty much meant for older people to understand!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Good thing they aired the Bieber show before his new haircut!

Last night's episode was too After School Special for me. But I did laugh at Rachel's "party dress" from Grandmas R Us and Will's drunk dialing of Sue.

Oh, and Brittany's quip about Ke$ha being a cultural icon for weeks now. Heh.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I truly believe this was written for the younger crowd and be a fun family show (hence the time frame), I think it has gotten a bit out of hand with the sexual conversations the sexual tensions, just bring back the good fun days where I can say I liked the characters, the relationships and the music. It is getting a bit "adult" for a show that is at a key time slot for families to sit down and enjoy an evening on the couch.

I don't mind the special episodes, but to put bieber up there uh no....madonna was good...I think I am the only person that thought Paltrow sucked and her singing was HORRIBLE....and to know she is coming back please help me....

Get back on track glee you are losing me fast.....

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Oh, and Brittany's quip about Ke$ha being a cultural icon for weeks now. Heh.
    And Mr. Figgins calling Ke$ha, "Key-dollar sign-Hah" more than once!

Rachel's dress was perfectly in character. Looked liked something I would have worn as a teenager in the 70s...

You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

+ Reply to Thread