+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 273 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister;3703639;
    I admit I also like Terri. She's just so ... absurdly disconnected from reality. I mean, what grown woman would expect differently colored Christmas trees to grow in her backyard? I bet she also believes in unicorns. She cracks me up. And she gave up her craft room, okay? Granted she gave it up for a fake baby, but still, it was a tiny step toward her becoming a good person.

I'm still rooting for Will and Emma to get together though. Emma is just too adorable to have to settle for the football coach.
    I kind of like Terri too, she's so flawed and delusional.

I like Emma as well and hope they find her somebody other than the football coach. I'm not a fan of breaking up marriages, I'd rather see Terri evolve into a mature adult and their marriage survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3703787;
    I kind of like Terri too, she's so flawed and delusional.

I like Emma as well and hope they find her somebody other than the football coach. I'm not a fan of breaking up marriages, I'd rather see Terri evolve into a mature adult and their marriage survive.
    I was totally prepared to not like her, but I think she would have told him about the baby had he not said how excited he was about it. That was the first time I got the impression that she even cared about him at all. I don't think she lied for herself, but to avoid hurting him... it's easier to lie or look the other way than to tell the truth.

Like you, I hope that she evolves and becomes a wife he can love as opposed to feeling stuck with her or leaving her for the other teacher.

FORT Regular

Just wanted to pop in and say how much I utterly hate Terri, Will's wife. I watched this pilot month's back on Hulu, and I utterly despised her. I'm watching the episode from last week right now, and I can't stand her. This is silly, but to be honest, she's really putting a damper on my enjoyment for this show.

It's probably because I have personal experience with people like that, and I just get so angry at what a horrible person she is. I know, she's not a murderer or whatever, but spending the money she doesn't have, making him quit his job, her idiotic craft corner, and demanding a brand new house even though there are perfectly nice houses for half price. Just, that kind attitude is terrible.

All she says is I want! 'I want my dream house, I want my grand foyer, I want my perfect car', what I remember from the pilot is her freaking out about working 3 hours a day 4 days a week. and THEN she has to come home and make dinner! god the horror!

I REALLY hope it was a false negative on that pregnancy test, and that he's not stuck with this woman forever. I mean, there's got to be a reason for why their developing that crush with the guidance counselor. The only thing that's keeping me sane is that their relationship will go somewhere! I can't imagine him having an affair though, so there has to be a way out. Or, I'm totally off and the reason he married Terri in the first place will shine through and his love for her won't go away, like Harmony2000 said, I'm not a fan of breaking up marriages either. and I guess if he's happy...

ahh I do love this show, and I look forward to it developing and finding out where Will and Emma go, and Rachel and Finn, and I want the gay kid to talk more lol his speaking voice is so great! (8 minutes til the next episode for me in fact!)

OH CRAP! I *just* FINISHED WATCHING THE SECOND EPISODE! I HAD TYPED THAT ALL WHILE I WAS WATCHING IT! WELL OH JEEZ! lmfao my bad everyone

*whispers* thank goodness
    Last edited by HaleighTKB; 09-16-2009 at 11:08 PM.

Loved the third episode (the one that aired tonight). It was so wonderfully done. The singing didn't seem as overproduced as it did last week. When the one guy came out, it was perfect. I adore this show.

I really enjoyed the third episode. I only got to watch about the 1st half due to having to get up so early and stopped watching around the point where the choreographer told them how much his fee was. Will watch the rest tonight.

Some awesome moments...

The female coach discussing her time with special forces and then tying it into her plans with Glee.

The shop teacher losing his thumbs and then being given a thumb cake.

The former Glee mentor and his comment about Josh Grobin. "He's just an angel sent from heaven to deliver platinum records" or something like that, priceless!

The Glee girl throwing up and looking up to say that the choreographer was a "monster".

Just a really great show and I'm so glad to see that it's back to what I loved so much in the first episode! Can't wait to catch the last half tonight.

I really like the Acafellows.

I love how they dipped into the Heroes cast pool. Terri played Claires biological mom and Emma was the waitress that Hiro was crushing on. It's nice to see them both working again....together!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Huh, I hadn't realized that (Heroes connection) until you pointed it out, as the characters are so different here, but yes, of course!

So, having previously defended the show, this time I didn't like it so much--way too many musical #s for my taste. Two to three per show is about enough for me, last night it seemed like there were nine or ten. I liked all the plot development, just everytime things seemed to be moving forward we had to stop for a song and dance. Most of which did not make me want to get up and dance....guess they weren't hits of my era or something.... In contrast when I watched the one about Eli the lawyer who saw visions from God, it had about the right ratio of script to numbers.
    Did think it was nice that the wife is clueing in to the idea that her husband is pretty cool in his way. Frankly before I thought she lied about the pregnancy mostly because it would mean she could stop pressuring him to come up with more money for her dream house.
    And I think Josh B. fans can feel he came across pretty nice last night---true, he wanted his stalker to back off and said it pretty firmly, but he also congratulated them on their performance.

Woohoo, Tina finally got to speak! Maybe next week we'll get to hear from Arty.

I was a fan of Eli Stone, but that was a very different show from Glee -- Eli's musical visions were these strange OTT "prophecies" integrated into his actual, staid life as an attorney, so yeah, more than one or two of them per episode would've just been odd. In Glee, some stuff is "real," some stuff is fantasy, so it works for me, especially since the numbers are all done by different ensembles. Plus there's all the little interstitial music and background music. I guess this show is really kind of a serialised musical, and that's cool with me because I really love musicals. Can I use "music" anymore? Music.

I enjoyed this episode a lot; Glee is on a roll in my book. I really liked the insight into Vocal Adrenaline -- so far they're not evil, snotty rivals, just really, really frigging good performers with a whack job choreographer. See, this show can do stuff that's not stereotypical!

I finally finished watching and now have to add two more moments I loved.

-The head Cheerio seemed to momentarily get a clue when she informed the female coach that she was thankful for the life lesson she'd just been handed "that you don't have to bring others down in order to feel better about yourself." Or something like that.

-Josh G coming onto mama Will. Tina? Right? That was awesome! I had to giggle at the tie in because I was suddenly seeing the mohawk kid in a few years. Nice juxtaposition there.

The scene where the kid admitted that he was gay? Touching.

I'm a huge fan of musicals. Grease (both of them), all those old B&W's where they were always breaking out into song and dance, heck I can even admit I liked all HSM's (for the music...not the acting lol). So I'm loving seeing even more music and more dancing and more reasons for them to break into fantasy group numbers because this time it just didn't feel over produced...or they've sucked me in and I've gotten used to it.

Who else found the fact that cheerio broke up with mohawk because he had a bad credit score funny? And yet another reason to laugh during this episode.

Did think it was nice that the wife is clueing in to the idea that her husband is pretty cool in his way.
    I think Terri got a clue when she noticed cute little Emma clapping and ogling her man!

Isn't the actress who plays Tina?, Will's mom the same actress who plays George's mother on Grey's Anatomy?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread