+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree624Likes

Thread: Glee

CCL

re: GLEE

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384
    Isnt the actress who plays Rachel from (or discovered from) Broadway--Im assuming since its the same girl/talent that she could make it...
    Yes, she is. I could see Rachel grappling her way to the top, tossing people aside as she made her way up.

The whole "Look, Artie can walk" thing was rather cliche. But it was sweet to have Coach involved in the storyline (though how did she afford the equipment on her salary? I presume it would be quite expensive? And if it was Israeli technology would it be readily available in the US? All these questions for a show that frequently glosses over stuff).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Geez, there's a lot of "Rachel animosity" here. Am I the only one who enjoys her character? I so look forward to her singing each week. She's a NYC gal,( Lea, not the character of Rachel) so immediately I root for her. She's starred on Broadway and I could totally see her in a remake of Funny Girl, which apparently is a dream of hers. Now whether or not her ego is getting big from starring on Glee, I can't say, but I do admire her talent.

I enjoy the show primarily for the singing aspect of it, having been in choir in high school, and have gotten attached to the characters. I don't think I would enjoy it as much with a continuing parade of new characters. Artie's walking may have been cliched but it brought a tear to my eye. Loved Coach Bieste as Santa. As much as I enjoy Brittany, it's getting a little ridiculous with how she is being portrayed. Honestly, she is so worldly in some aspects, but her still believing in Santa was really a stretch. I get so exasperated with this show. I don't think my Capricornian nature (feet planted firmly in ground) allows me to just enjoy this show as escapist entertainment. But the singing draws me back each week.

Loved last night's episode. Sue as the Grinch was priceless.

When the club sang for the students, I got chills. They were amazing and finally got to Sue. Loved seeing her at the end with all the kids at Will's apartment.

Absolutely loved when Coach sat on the couch with Brittney. Her story brought tears to my eyes. Loved how she was involved with Artie walking too
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

How adorable was Becky dressed the reindeer dog from the Grinch? So cute!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom;4122491;
    Geez, there's a lot of "Rachel animosity" here. Am I the only one who enjoys her character? I so look forward to her singing each week. She's a NYC gal,( Lea, not the character of Rachel) so immediately I root for her. She's starred on Broadway and I could totally see her in a remake of Funny Girl, which apparently is a dream of hers. Now whether or not her ego is getting big from starring on Glee, I can't say, but I do admire her talent.

No, I like Rachel too. The one that bugs me is Mercedes. And Kurt on occasion (though not of late). Blurt (my nickname for Kurt & Blaine - I'm sure others have thought of it, too) must happen!!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I hope they ease out some of the cast gradually. I do like everyone for different reasons. My fave charadter is Kurt, but Brittany is growing on me. She just has the best lines ever.

Loved Sue as the grinch...so appropriate, and Becky as the little dog was adorable.

My fave song was the Kurt/Blaine duet, so darn sweet.

I'm not worried about cast changes yet. Even if they keep doing the show in "real time", there are 2 more seasons before most of these people would 'graduate.' And shows play with time all the time...The West Wing mysteriously skipped a year of the Bartlet administration so that the series' last season would end up as an election year for Bartlet's successor.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln

This episode seemed to focus on all my favorite characters!!! Sue, Becky, Brittany, Biest........I love them!!! I hate to say it but this episode really did touch me and I even teared up a little towards the end when Artie got his walker thing. Brittany's lines to the elf about elves/slaves had me cracking up. Really great and MUCH better than the silly, thrown together Halloween episode!

FORT Regular

Best Glee episode to date. I was in hysterics over the Grinch parody. Britney was absolutely adorable--for once her naive nature was not played for just single throw-away lines (which I also really enjoy) but was turned into a heart melting episode.

I've like Biest from the beginning, but now she is my favorite adult character along side of Sue. More Biest!!!

Kurt's story line is a bit puzzling now--he's really a satellite character stuck out at the Dalton Academy. The Academy gives me the creeps. It is a too perfect place, where every boy is perfectly groomed with perfect manners and a "perfect" scripted liberal view of the world. Yet, did any one else note the problem the other week when Kurt was told/directed to "tone it down" during his Evita solo? While Kurt is free from gay-bashing at this school, he is being asked to conform in other ways... and Kurt doesn't seem entirely aware of the contradiction, yet. He also looks quite lonely.

Annika, good observation on the Kurt situation. He does seem really unhappy.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread