+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

FORT Fan

re: GLEE

Are Fans Ready for Glee 2.0? - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

What do you think about this rumor? Would you still watch?

Quote Originally Posted by norm;4118762;

This got me to thinking... it felt like the Saved By the Bell class was in high school for many many years and they could just do a perpetual high school thing with the glee cast too. I didn't know they were supposed to be sophomores in the first season. I thought they were all seniors for the last 2 seasons now...

Anyhow I'm not particularly invested in this show. I don't mind if a character here and there leaves or joins. But a complete overhaul... probably not that into it. Don't want to relearn all those characters. Although I could live very happily without Rachel.

i dont think they should replace the whole cast at a time, just a couple characters...they dont all have to be seniors or all graduate for that matter ...some could be held back like Puck lol

So i guess Sue and Will will remain

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;4118909;
    i dont think they should replace the whole cast at a time, just a couple characters...they dont all have to be seniors or all graduate for that matter ...some could be held back like Puck lol

So i guess Sue and Will will remain
    I was thinking that too! What are the odds that he would graduate on time?

I'll keep watching as long as the material is good and I like the new cast members. They've done a pretty good job so far of bringing in new people and blending them with the rest of the cast.

I'd much rather have them be realistic about it instead of having a never-ending 4 years. Plus, I don't care to see them in college glee clubs or whatever. We don't need this show turning into a musical version of 90210.

Imagine the fit Lea Michelle will throw when she's told she has to leave! I actually like Rachel because I think I identify with her a little (maybe a little too much!), but I can understand why people would find her annoying.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;4117703;
    Was happy to see that ND really supported Kurt after his performance. Looks like they are making a path for him to come back to ND with his old friends. I just hope that they keep him with his boyfriend. He is so easy on the eyes
    They just signed the actor who plays Blaine as a "regular" member of the cast. So he will be around. (they also did the same with Mike Chang's actor also)

I would love to follow these characters to college and see how they move forward in their careers--maybe a spin-off? Imagine how awesome it would be to watch them pursue jobs in the business? If they did do a spin-off I'd like them to take sue (She can coach cheerleading at the college) and leave will and emma behind to moon-eye at each other while they rotate through marriages with other people!!

If they do intend to send the actors packing (probably more because of money since now they can ask for more when its time to renogotiate) I'd like to at least see them do it slowly--not all of them have to be juniors or whatever. Seriously, we saw the saved by the bell kids attend middle school for about 7 years and then high school for even longer. And, Im pretty sure they graduated multiple times and had a pep rally and school dance every other week and you know what.. no one cared! Bottom line-if they dump everyone (particularly Britney because shes simply irreplaceable) then Im going to peace out too.

I haven't seen it posted here, but if anybody wants to see how funny the guy who plays Blaine is, look up A Very Potter Musical. It's... epically awesome
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norm;4118762;

I'd still watch. Actually, I wish Rachel would shoot for early acceptance at a college and that would make my season.

But I'm glad Ryan Murphy is going to do this. 90210 got really silly when it followed them in the great beyond after college. I like the idea of the teachers staying the same while the students change. Murphy did say in an earlier article (the one Critical posted, I believe) that the series was centered on the teachers. I didn't think so at the time but I bet this is what he meant.

I actually read another quote where Lea Michele says Rachel could stay as a teacher. Please, RM, NOOOOOO!!!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I'd watch, but also hope they replace them a few at a time. Let us get used to the new kids as they replace the old.
    I don't like the idea of following them into old age. Other shows have done that & it was the beginning of the end.

I like the cast, but new kids would be fine with me, just so they get talented ones with interesting personalities. The show is about a High School glee club & all that comes with that age, granted, a little skewed. Sue, Mr. Schue, & Coach Bieste would all stay. Even the bush baby, Emma.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Click to see Spoiler:
    Okay... this episode is amazing so far. Loved the Grinch parody. I almost died laughing when Britney came in, her hair like Cindy Lou Who.

+ Reply to Thread