+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree619Likes

Thread: Glee

CCL

re: GLEE

I have to say, I'm finding most of the females in the Glee club wildly unsympathetic. With the exception of Tina and Brittany, they are all being catty witches of late, even the new girl. What is up with that? It tamps down my enjoyment of the show greatly.

I like Dianna Agron's voice so I was happy with her getting the solo. I don't care for the new blond boy, however.

Didn't like the Warblers but I hate that song anyways so...

It was weird that ND got two songs and everyone else seemed to have only one (I presume they had two as well, but it wasn't mentioned or shown at all so...). During the Time of My Life song I kept waiting for Brittany and Mike to bust it out and when it finished with them doing nothing I figured it was just another case of the Glee people dropping the ball. Glad they got a chance to shine - both are terrific dancers.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler;4117542;
    And she said a dolt, not adult.
    I can't believe I typed it that way. I'm a maroon.

I'm glad that they finally switched up the solos and brought 2 very good dancers to the front of the group.

Was happy to see that ND really supported Kurt after his performance. Looks like they are making a path for him to come back to ND with his old friends. I just hope that they keep him with his boyfriend. He is so easy on the eyes

Poor Mr. Shue. My heart just broke for him. You could see the devastation in his eyes.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;4117703;

Was happy to see that ND really supported Kurt after his performance. Looks like they are making a path for him to come back to ND with his old friends. I just hope that they keep him with his boyfriend. He is so easy on the eyes

Is he the boyfriend? They've played him more as a friend/mentor I feel. Wouldn't mind them amping up that romantic angle, at least making it more obvious they are a couple (if indeed they are).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;4117703;
    Poor Mr. Shue. My heart just broke for him. You could see the devastation in his eyes.
    I kind of liked this turn of events. I could never stand Emma when she was mooning over Will - a married man! She seemed so desperate & pathetic. Since she met her new dentist husband, I actually like her this year, except for her cringeworthy Rocky Horror part. I guess it's her with Will that makes me dislike her. She's not to hard to take in her interactions with the kids.
    I just can't stand fawning, desperate, helpless chaser women.
    I liked Will with Gwyneth Paltrow's character, but her as a regular cast member just isn't going to happen.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4117695;
    I can't believe I typed it that way. I'm a maroon.
    A maroon? You are cracking me up! Love it!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I find Rachael annoying, too. If the actress is playing her to be that way, she's brilliantly nailed that type. (However, if the actress is really that way -- ummmm......yuck!) It's the typical high school drama club diva-type.
    I once auditioned, as a lark, for a part in a community theater production using that style -- but as an exaggerated sort of parody -- just to see if it worked. I was shocked to have gotten the part with high marks on the audition. OMG. It was fun and all, but kind of stupid. This was the kind of game I had to play with this group to get this part? Oh well -- small town community theater. Waiting for Guffman, anyone?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I enjoyed this episode. The biggest shock for me was I actually liked the character of Rachel in this episode. I just thought she was very endearing when she supported and tried to help out Kurt during his performance. It was a different side to the character and was a refreshing and nice change!

Having them tie was a total cop out and let down for me. I will admit Kurt and his new team are good but I just wasn't feeling their rendition of "Hey Soul Sister" AT ALL. It didn't help that the song itself is incredibly overplayed. Looking forward to the Christmas episode.

Brittany is my favorite character and never fails to make laugh. Her line about adultery was hilarious!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4117644;
    It was mentioned that they are a group of elders that went back to school to finally get their diploma's. So, technically....
    Ahh thank you JavaJo. I must have missed that part.

And to answer my question - The song Mercedes & Tina sang at the end was "Dog Days are Over" by Florence + The Machine.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;4118647;
    Ahh thank you JavaJo. I must have missed that part.
    I don't think the answer to the older people was on this show. I think it was mentioned on a previous show as to who they would be competing against. I don't remember them mentioning it all this time around and thought it strange.

+ Reply to Thread