+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

FORT Fanatic

re: GLEE

About 15 years ago, I saw "Wonderful Town" presented at the Arena Stage in Washington, D.C. It was in the round.

For the taxi cabx, performers sat in miniature cabs which they steered around with their feet on the floor. Adorable.

Haven't had the time to come on here and say it yet but I thought Gwyneth Paltrow did an absolute amazing job!!!!! Loved both the last episodes and can't wait for the Christmas special!!!

Sectionals tonight I hope it's a good episode!

I love Brittany!
    "I thought adultery meant being stupid, you know like an adult"
    I loved watching her dance with Mike. I can't believe she got cut from SYTYCD season 2.

I love Brittany and Artie together, too!! And she said a dolt, not adult.

Obviously, TPTB read the message boards and blogs and know that even fans were tired of the formula for Glee performances. Still, I didn't really enjoy this sectionals performance. Quinn has a pretty voice, but it's not strong enough to be lead and, sorry, I am SO sick of that song. I cringed when I heard the opening bit of the song. SO happy Santana got a lead. Her voice is terrific and she's a great performer. I loved seeing Brittany and Mike up front for once. Still, it's crazy not to use Rachel and Mercedes for solos - they have the strongest voices. They should throw in Puck and Artie too.

Poor Mr. Shue. I felt so sad for him when Emma broke the news about getting married. Based on the look on her face when she was hugging Carl, I'd say she's not 100% happy about her choice. I don't think this is the end of "Wemma."
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I didn't mind Quinn getting lead for a change, if it meant not seeing Rachel's tonsils as she belted another one out. I think she has a great voice, I just can't watch the girl when she sings! And Brittany always cracks me up.

I felt awful for Mr. Shue also - he looked crushed. Though I don't know how Emma could be UNhappy with her choice...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

The Brittany/Mike dance was great!! It was also sweet to watch the support of Kurt during his performance with the Warblers. The rest of the episode was kinda meh for me. The "everybody wins" concept felt like a cop out. oh - and was was up with the senior citizen glee club? I thought the competition was between schools.

What was the song that Mercedes and Tina sang at the end? I feel like I should have recognized it but it was escaping me. :p

I only caught the end of the episode but was so happy to see other people singing and not just Rachel. I can't watch her sing either and her voice isn't my favorite. There are other voices I like so much more on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;4117621;
    The Brittany/Mike dance was great!! It was also sweet to watch the support of Kurt during his performance with the Warblers. The rest of the episode was kinda meh for me. The "everybody wins" concept felt like a cop out. oh - and was was up with the senior citizen glee club? I thought the competition was between schools.

What was the song that Mercedes and Tina sang at the end? I feel like I should have recognized it but it was escaping me. :p
    It was mentioned that they are a group of elders that went back to school to finally get their diploma's. So, technically....

I think when Quinn talks and sings, it sounds very nasally. She sings just fine, but I wouldn't have chosen her for a solo in the competition. I would have went with Tina.

Where the hell was Sue? It's just not an episode of Glee without Sue. She keeps the show from being an "afternoon special".
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread