+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 274 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

re: GLEE

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3698653;
    Last night while relaxing with a re-run of "Two and a Half Men" I realised that the actress who plays the "villanous" cheerleader teacher also played/plays Charlie's psychiatrist on "Two and a Half Men."

She's very good in both roles!
    She also played the role of Julia Childs sister in the recent "Julie and Julia" movie.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I know people are a little disappointed that the glee club's singing doesn't seem quite real..or the glee member singing while she watches the guy flirt with his girlfriend... but this isn't a show that is meant to reflect reality. No one's wife is really like that, the pamphlets in a guidance office aren't quite like that, cheer coaches don't really talk that way.... everything is "based on life" but over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3700399;
    I know people are a little disappointed that the glee club's singing doesn't seem quite real..or the glee member singing while she watches the guy flirt with his girlfriend... but this isn't a show that is meant to reflect reality. No one's wife is really like that, the pamphlets in a guidance office aren't quite like that, cheer coaches don't really talk that way.... everything is "based on life" but over the top.
    I think my problem with it is that it was so much more produced that in the pilot. I preferred the sound of the music tracks in the pilot over those in the premiere.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3700047;
    She also played the role of Julia Childs sister in the recent "Julie and Julia" movie.
    Do you mean Jane Lynch? She has done a lot of things - from the L Word to the indie movie Best in Show. I love her in anything she has done.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3701504;
    Do you mean Jane Lynch? She has done a lot of things - from the L Word to the indie movie Best in Show. I love her in anything she has done.
    Me too. In fact, I will admit that I have a bit of a girl crush on her .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3701305;
    I think my problem with it is that it was so much more produced that in the pilot. I preferred the sound of the music tracks in the pilot over those in the premiere.
    That's exactly it for me. From what I remember, the pilot wasn't quite so (IMHO) cheesy.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhoundmom;3701594;
    That's exactly it for me. From what I remember, the pilot wasn't quite so (IMHO) cheesy.
    I don't know, I think it's supposed to be somewhat cheesy. They take every high school cliche and stereotype out there, throw in some music, a touch of soap, a little bit of "Election" style humor and somehow it all works. I guess I'm just enjoying it too much right now to see the fllaws Looking forward to tomorrow's epi!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3699380;
    I think I'm alone, but I like the wife.
    I admit I also like Terri. She's just so ... absurdly disconnected from reality. I mean, what grown woman would expect differently colored Christmas trees to grow in her backyard? I bet she also believes in unicorns. She cracks me up. And she gave up her craft room, okay? Granted she gave it up for a fake baby, but still, it was a tiny step toward her becoming a good person.

I'm still rooting for Will and Emma to get together though. Emma is just too adorable to have to settle for the football coach.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I can't wait for tonight's episode, mostly because JOSH GROBAN makes a guest appearance. From what I've heard, he's a real jerk . . . . . on the show. In real life, he's a great guy. Hope people who've never heard of him (you living under a rock?) won't get the wrong impression.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Josh Groban as a jerk? Haha! I'd love to see that. What a trip.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread