+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;4106825;
    I saw a clip of Paltrow performing Umbrella. She has a decent enough voice (not terribly strong/powerful but not horrible). I go back and forth between liking her as a person, but have always considered her a decent actress. Is she only in the one episode?
    I think she's just doing one epi at this point.

I saw the Umbrella/Singin' in the Rain clip, which looked like it was so fun to shoot. Her voice sounded better in the other number in the choir room. I know lots of bloggers say she's a cold fish or a bitch, but I don't know. I think she's a talented performer and while she isn't the best singer ever, she's better than some people in the top 40 right now (Taylor Swift, I'm looking at you!).
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

Maybe it's just how she (Paltrow) comes off. I mean she's married to Chris Martin, so how bad can she be?
    I actually like Taylor Swift myself though I think she is getting a bit old for the hearts and rainbows style of writing (though I don't know what the new album is like).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fanatic

About the kiss scene; I knew it was going to end with some sort of "American Beauty" type thing where the baddie is really gay. It just seemed so uninspired. When Kevin Spacey has that scene in the moving it is wrenching, when it was redone on "Glee" it was like knowing the sun will set...blah.

I do hope they get more interesting with the writing. Such as, Kurt and the football player get together. The obviousness of Kurt with the private school guy is not interesting. The growth of the football player could be very good tv.

Alas, I fear I know that the the outcome will be the private school guy.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;4106833;
    Maybe it's just how she (Paltrow) comes off. I mean she's married to Chris Martin, so how bad can she be?
    I actually like Taylor Swift myself though I think she is getting a bit old for the hearts and rainbows style of writing (though I don't know what the new album is like).
    I like her too, but whenever I hear her sing live, I'm unimpressed. ITA about the songwriting. It's about time for her to grow up and start writing songs that a woman would sing, rather than a girl on the Disney Channel.

imissme - I would never want Kurt to be involved romantically with someone who had bullied him so horribly. Being with someone who has that much self-loathing is never a good thing. I want Kurt to be happy! The football player can grow on his own, but it probably won't happen until he's out of high school, if ever.

I think the private school boy is yummy. Good for Kurt if he ends up with him!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fanatic

imissme - I would never want Kurt to be involved romantically with someone who had bullied him so horribly. Being with someone who has that much self-loathing is never a good thing. I want Kurt to be happy! The football player can grow on his own, but it probably won't happen until he's out of high school, if ever. Critcal 2010

I understand where you are coming from on this issue of the football player. However, I was thinking what they could do with a well-written character on this show growing personally. Yes, he is a bully. but, what if they wrote it so he changed, saw his evilness and became a better person. Everyone deserves that chance when they are young. Society is so quick to give up on everyone. Just once can someone grow from the bully to the good guy

omg! lol the scene of Will giving a lecture while feeling sick at the start was too cute lol

I'm well in the minority here but I really wish that they didn't do the stereotypical "bully is really gay" move on this show. In real life LGBT people are surrounded by bullies and they're not always repressed gay folks even when they show incredibly strong hatred. So it just kind of bummed me out that they went that direction (coming from someone in the LGBT life).

And I certainly don't want to see Kurt end up with the bully. I would expect that character to have more self worth than that. For me it would be so out of his character to do that. I'm fine with the bully evolving on his own and discovering who he is on his own.

CCL

I really worry that the bully is going to really physically harm Kurt in future after their scene in the hallway tonight. I hope they go away from that. (Speaking of the scene - why would the bully talk to him about in the hallway with all those people milling around. Makes no sense - someone could easily have overheard).

I'm with Critical in thinking that the private school boy (Blaine?) is yummy. I'm all for that relationship purely for shallow reasons.

I quite enjoyed Paltrow last night (I'm still laughing at her Mary Todd Lincoln). And I'm not usually a fan of the mashups but I enjoyed Singing in the Rain/Umbrella.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Terri had better not end up pregnant from the one night stand. That would be really lame HEAR ME Ryan Murphy?? LAME!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;4107603;
    (Speaking of the scene - why would the bully talk to him about in the hallway with all those people milling around. Makes no sense - someone could easily have overheard)
    Maybe he wants to be 'outed' then he doesn't have to take the hard steps that Kurt did in coming out... he just has to deny weakly and *BAM* he'll be labeled- this is highschool after all.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread