+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree618Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

I LOVED the episode this week. I am completely out of touch with Top 40 music lately, so I had never heard the song Teenage Dream before. Probably a good thing because I really dislike the uber-untalented Katy Perry, but I ADORE the version of this song that the boys choir sang. I have been listening to it constantly!! That whole section of the show with Kurt visiting the boys school and discovering there are places that he would be accepted was really touching and I really like the kid who played the choir lead that befriended Kurt.

I was watching this episode with all four of my kids and in the scene where Kurt confronted his bully and the tension was building I just knew what was coming. However, none of my kids saw it because when the bully kissed him I think every one of them gasped and said "Oh my gosh I did NOT see that coming!!"

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;4103099;
    I was watching this episode with all four of my kids and in the scene where Kurt confronted his bully and the tension was building I just knew what was coming. However, none of my kids saw it because when the bully kissed him I think every one of them gasped and said "Oh my gosh I did NOT see that coming!!"
    Have to admit, I didn't see it coming either DH said it was obvious to him and had a good laugh at my expense when I gasped.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I have to say, I saw that kiss coming too. Usually, when someone is that homophobic, I start to wonder if it isn't a bit of self-loathing. Why else would someone care that much? Bobcat Goldthwaite did a bit in his act years ago about guys who beat up gay men and said he thought the fist was a substitute for another part of the anatomy. Since they can't use that part, they use their fists. It was funny....and probably true.

This was one of the better episodes of the season for me, mainly because they weren't trying to fit the show around the songs. What with that Katy Perry song being on DWTS and on this show, it's been in my head all week!

Kurt's new maybe-boyfriend is dreamy!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

I was a bit disappointed in that that was Kurt's first ever kiss. A bit of a shame.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;4103965;
    Have to admit, I didn't see it coming either DH said it was obvious to him and had a good laugh at my expense when I gasped.
    Glad I'm not alone! lol I thought I was the only adult who didn't see it coming. I was totally shocked and my bf just looked at me and said, "You really didn't see that coming?" and totally laughed at me.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;4104015;
    I was a bit disappointed in that that was Kurt's first ever kiss. A bit of a shame.
    Didn't he make-out with Brittany last season? Or did you mean first kiss with a boy?

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now;4104017;

Didn't he make-out with Brittany last season? Or did you mean first kiss with a boy?
    True. I guess I meant first real kiss (with the gender he is attracted to). But if you consider the Britney makeout, and that the kiss this week was not of his choosing, he still has a first "real" kiss to look forward to.

I didn't see it coming either. I was totally shocked, but since I was also watching it alone, I didn't have anyone else rubbing it in that I got blindsided by it.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Count me in as another one who didn't see it coming and I pride myself on figuring stuff out before it happens on shows such as Law and Order and CSI. Luckily, I too, was watching home alone with no one to tease me for not seeing it. I immediately texted a friend of mine (and I was watching about 2 hours after the show actually aired) and I just said "Holy S***, I didn't see that coming" and she immediately texted back and said "Me either!!". Apparently her 16-yr-old daughter did though, and thought it was funny her Mom and I had no clue.

There are several videos on the Fox site of tomorrow's episode featuring Gwyneth Paltrow and it actually looks really good. There's one number in the choir room and another on stage with the kids and Mr. Shue. I normally don't like stunt casting, but I'm actually looking forward to this one. The interviews I saw with GP were very cute. It looks like they all had a good time together.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

I saw a clip of Paltrow performing Umbrella. She has a decent enough voice (not terribly strong/powerful but not horrible). I go back and forth between liking her as a person, but have always considered her a decent actress. Is she only in the one episode?

+ Reply to Thread