+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

My DVR didn't record this week's ep, either, but I have it set to only record new episodes. According to the guide, it was a rerun.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Loved the songs last night! And it looks like they will have some real competition at sectionals this time!

I loved last night's show and the songs were only an add-on for me.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;4102259;
    Loved the songs last night! And it looks like they will have some real competition at sectionals this time!
    Last year, I never would've cheered on Vocal Adrenaline at sectionals b/c I just didn't like them but I could see myself cheering on the boys' group this year. They were fantastic! And if Lea Michele doesn't start closing her mouth when she sings, I'll be hoping the boys' group wins! Lea is really souring this season for me. I'm tired of seeing her tonsils when she sings!

Poor coach Beiste. I felt so bad for her. I didn't see how the boys' performance was supposed to make up for her humiliation but as long as she's staying, I don't care.

And poor Kurt. I can't imagine getting pushed and knocked around all the time. I hated that no one came over to help him up at the end.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Since I started watching the show I've never really enjoyed watching Lea sing. And I'm not the biggest fan of her voice. But i like so many of the other singers on teh show that I tolerate it. I just wish she wasn't so prominent.

I really liked this episode as it pertains to Kurt and openly confronting the issues with everyone about the tolerance for bullying in the schools. And I felt really really bad for the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;4102439;
    Since I started watching the show I've never really enjoyed watching Lea sing. And I'm not the biggest fan of her voice. But i like so many of the other singers on teh show that I tolerate it. I just wish she wasn't so prominent.

I really liked this episode as it pertains to Kurt and openly confronting the issues with everyone about the tolerance for bullying in the schools. And I felt really really bad for the coach.
    I can't stand to watch her face when she sings. She's the most talented singer, imo, but also the least talented lip syncer.
    "That's Numberwang!"

She's a talented singer but there are some aspects to her singing I just don't like. The warbling is one and the straining for some notes is another. And for me just her voice tone I don't like. But she is talented. But combine what bothers me with the sound with her face when she sings I just can't take her.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;4102397;
    And if Lea Michele doesn't start closing her mouth when she sings, I'll be hoping the boys' group wins! Lea is really souring this season for me. I'm tired of seeing her tonsils when she sings!
    Thank you for helping me figure out exactly what it is I HATE about Lea all the while loving her voice! Yes indeed, it is her big, gaping mouth when she sings

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Just thought of this...

I wonder if the other choir in sectionals (the one of older students getting their GED's) will be headed by April, Kristin Chenoweth's character. Although I'm not sure why the choirs in sectionals are changing. For sports it was always the same schools in your section, year - after - year, unless they changed divisions (ie increased or decreased enrollment). Although I guess this brings in new talent.

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;4102729;
    Just thought of this...

I wonder if the other choir in sectionals (the one of older students getting their GED's) will be headed by April, Kristin Chenoweth's character. Although I'm not sure why the choirs in sectionals are changing. For sports it was always the same schools in your section, year - after - year, unless they changed divisions (ie increased or decreased enrollment). Although I guess this brings in new talent.
    Oooh! Great thinking! That totally sounds like it could be true now that you mention it. I never really cared for her character so much but that would be hilarious if it turned out to be true!

+ Reply to Thread