+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

She said "Go scream at some fatties."
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Susan Boyle starring in Glee Christmas episode--But not the Christmas album - National Glee | Examiner.com

Susan Boyle as a lunch lady? Priceless!

Ryan Murphy confirmed a guest spot for Susan Boyle on "Glee" last spring. Boyle will play a high school lunch lady in a Christmas themed show. Murphy said, "I think Kurt would just die to give her a Christmas makeover. I donít even know if sheís interested but itís been pitched.Ē

But as news of the "Glee" Christmas album broke this week, Susan Boyle fans were shocked to see that her name was not present on the track listing. "Glee: The Music-The Christmas Album" will be released on November 16. The songs of the album will be featured in the Christmas episode, set to air on December 7.

As you can see by the song list for the CD (below), Boyle does not have a part. Does this mean that she will not be singing on the show? It certainly seems that way. Fortunately, Boyle will have her own album of holiday music this year.

The full song list, as reported by EW includes:

1. We Need A Little Christmas (Jenna Ushkowitz, Amber Riley and Chris Colfer)
    2. Deck The Rooftop (Lea Michele, Cory Monteith, Naya Rivera, Kevin McHale, Heather Morris and Jenna Ushkowitz)
    3. Merry Christmas Darling (Lea Michele)
    4. Baby, Itís Cold Outside (Chris Colfer and Darren Criss)
    5. The Most Wonderful Day Of The Year (Chord Overstreet, Mark Salling, Kevin McHale, Lea Michele, Chris Colfer, Jenna Ushkowitz and Heather Morris)
    6. Last Christmas (Lea Michele, Cory Monteith, Amber Riley, Kevin McHale, Mark Salling, Jenna Ushkowitz and Chris Colfer)
    7. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (Lea Michele, Amber Riley, Naya Rivera and Jenna Ushkowitz)
    8. O Christmas Tree (Matthew Morrison)
    9. Jingle Bells (Cory Monteith, Mark Salling and Kevin McHale)
    10. Youíre a Mean One, Mr. Grinch (K.D. Lang and Matthew Morrison)
    11. Angels We Have Heard On High (Amber Riley)
    12. O Holy Night (Lea Michele)

Ick. Not a Susan Boyle fan. At all. With any luck, something will freak her out an she'll back out of it....that seems to be what she's really good at.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4093035;
    I thought they were trying to get Jennifer Lopez to play a lunch lady. I guess with her doing Idol now she's too busy.

I am so excited for this Christmas episode and album that will come with it!!

CCL

I've heard both Susan Boyle and Jennifer Lopez as lunch lady in need of a makeover. Both times espoused by Ryan Murphy. I don't really care which one of them gets the part.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4093016;
    She said "Go scream at some fatties."
    Yeah - I heard "fatties" too

4. Baby, Itís Cold Outside (Chris Colfer and Darren Criss)
    Who's that? The new potential boyfriend character perhaps?

12. O Holy Night (Lea Michele)
    Looking forward to this one. I sort of "collect" versions of this song and am always looking for new ones. (My absolute fave is by Michael Crawford though - that is pure vocal perfection right there)

I think I'd prefer J-Lo as the lunch lady over Susan Boyle. At least she has some acting experience.

Darren Criss is an out and proud student from another school, it's unclear if he will be his boyfriend or not but he will help Kurt be more comfortable in who he is (although I'm not sure I'm buying that he is uncomfortable, he seems pretty comfortable to me *shrugs*). I can't remember where I read that, in some magazine.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yay! Fox and our cable company settled, Glee is back!

Once again Sue had the best lines of the night. Her TV segment, coming up with things like scaring your kids with zombie dad, or lack of fear leading to behaviors such as French kissing a grizzly or considering living in Florida, were priceless.
    I was impressed by John Stamos. He enunciated that song so that I finally heard all the lyrics. And his character is an awesome boyfriend, more than a match for Mr. Shu.

Dang - my DVR didn't catch GLEE on Tuesday night! The stooooopid elections must have jacked my TV's brain.
    OK, phew! I just went to HULU and there was no show Tuesday. It still didn't snag Biggest Loser, though.
    Yea for GLEE next week! Now House needs to get started back up!
    Last edited by Dicechick; 11-04-2010 at 09:02 PM.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

+ Reply to Thread