+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 274 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2739
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

re: GLEE

I like that they gave the eating disorder to a guy, not a girl on the show. Not usually seen done that way.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4091652;
    I'm not going to kill you, I'm going to completely agree with you. This is the very first episode that I can honestly say I didn't enjoy. It was a waste of an hour of my life that I'll never get back. Although seeing a shirtless Shuster was a highlight.
    Agreed, I was almost bored tonight! I think the story suffers when they focus on shuster/emma/all other adults MINUS sue. I just find the kids so much more interesting.

I also thought that Quinn sounded the best she ever has and Kurt was amazing in character. Loved him. What little we saw of him.

Again, agree! A show without equal (and large) parts Kurt and Brittney is always dissapointing. In fact, I'd be happy with a Glee spinoff featuring Sue, Sue's mini, Santana, Brittney & Kurt as the main characters.

Now, lets sit back and watch for the fallout. Uproar over the girls posing in their underwear for GQ and now the boys were prancing around the show in theirs. I wonder how many parents are going to be outraged by that. Not nearly as many is my guess.

Always interesting how guys can get into their tighty whities and no one blinks an eye. When a chick ties up her shirt to expose her belly, however, we have a catastrophic event that must be addressed and dealt with immediately! Do people go to beaches anymore?

Added to the disappointment of an overhyped episode:
    I thought the changing of key lyrics in key songs was really stupid.

But finishing with a "like":
    Meat Loaf and Barry Bostwick's cameo as the cable news guys.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Not my favorite, but there were several parts I enjoyed. I'm still laughing over the chocolate line and how Brittany wanted to go as a peanut allergy for Halloween.

Shuster came off as too pathetic and desperate to me, which I didn't like. Also wanted more Kurt, he was awesome for the 30 seconds I got to see him.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person who was disappointed by the show. It was too choppy. The setup for the Toucha me number was dumb - If Will was going to play Rocky, why did he need to rehearse that song - Janet sings it, not him. It was a lame way to get Will & Emma together.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4091721;
    Added to the disappointment of an overhyped episode:
    I thought the changing of key lyrics in key songs was really stupid.
    The change from "heavy petting" to "heavy sweating" annoyed me more than it should. Yeah - way to dumb down to today's kids.

And finally, the lynchpin of my disappointment - Mercedes as Frankenfurter. After all the big "controversy" over this show, they demonstrate that they don't have the cojones (sp?) to dress a male character in drag. And I hated that she had to church up her vocals. Annoying. Really really really missed Puck - he should have been Frankenfurter.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4089185;
    Let me just say that I am not a parent and have never had any desire to be one. But if I were, I wouldn't have an issue with a younger child watching Glee. Yes, there is some sexual content, but the idea of a child watching something of that nature bothers me far less than them watching violence, though too many people seem to feel the reverse.
    Kind of late to this party but had to comment that I've got an almost 6-year-old and a 7.5-year-old and we prescreen the episodes before they see them. And even then, I usually only let them watch the songs because I don't think the subject matter is for them. The only full episodes they've seen were the pilot episode and when Kurt tried out for the football team. Thankfully, they're perfectly happy just watching the songs and singing along to the albums in the car. They have a much easier time separating violence in movies such as Transformers as being fiction than they would the bullying and sexual innuendo that goes on in Glee. But that's just me.

RE: last nights episode -- I loved when they sang Time Warp and when John Stamos sang. The rest of the show was just eh.

And is it just me but I thought tightie whities were supposed to be tightie whities. Finn walking down the hall was just lame. Not that I wanted to see him in his t.w.'s but if you're going to call them that, then he should be wearing them and not boxers. JMO.

Definitely looking forward to next week -- Puck's back and he looks BAD!
    Last edited by cantstopwatchin; 10-27-2010 at 09:41 AM.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;4091786;
    I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person who was disappointed by the show. It was too choppy. The setup for the Toucha me number was dumb - If Will was going to play Rocky, why did he need to rehearse that song - Janet sings it, not him. It was a lame way to get Will & Emma together.

The change from "heavy petting" to "heavy sweating" annoyed me more than it should. Yeah - way to dumb down to today's kids.

And finally, the lynchpin of my disappointment - Mercedes as Frankenfurter. After all the big "controversy" over this show, they demonstrate that they don't have the cojones (sp?) to dress a male character in drag. And I hated that she had to church up her vocals. Annoying. Really really really missed Puck - he should have been Frankenfurter.
    I didn't get why they sang that song other then to get them together either. That is Janet's song, not Rocky's!!

And Frank-n-Furter should not be played by a woman. All the "churching" of the song took all the sexiness out of it. IT needs to be sung with sexual innuendo. It was my biggest disappointment of the night!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;4091799;
    ...And is it just me but I thought tightie whities were supposed to be tightie whities. Finn walking down the hall was just lame. Not that I wanted to see him in his t.w.'s but if you're going to call them that, then he should be wearing them and not boxers...
    It's not just you. It's the same kind of dumbing-down censorship as casting a woman as Frank-N-Furter and changing key lyrics. This show is quickly losing its appeal.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4091869;
    It's not just you. It's the same kind of dumbing-down censorship as casting a woman as Frank-N-Furter and changing key lyrics. This show is quickly losing its appeal.
    Heh! I just wandered over from another thread where someone was complaining about television being too risque these days and children could be watching and yada yada yada. I've heard that you can't please everyone, and apparently it's true.

I am opposed to the censorship that so many people seem to want put into place so that they don't have to monitor their own family's viewing schedule. It is underwear, for crying out loud. I've seen people in smaller, tighter attire on the beach.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Was not impressed by last night's episode. Was too choppy & all over the place
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread