+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 274 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

I loved it! My husband who is not into anything musical kept looking over his shoulder (from the computer desk) to see what was happening. He eventually gave up Farmtown to join me on the sofa. He didn't say if he liked it or not but he laughed quite a bit. This might be a show he'll watch with me.

The previews looked really good. Especially with Will and Sue. And how many of you just want to punch his wife in the nose? Ugh.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3698457;
    I loved it! My husband who is not into anything musical kept looking over his shoulder (from the computer desk) to see what was happening. He eventually gave up Farmtown to join me on the sofa. He didn't say if he liked it or not but he laughed quite a bit. This might be a show he'll watch with me.

The previews looked really good. Especially with Will and Sue. And how many of you just want to punch his wife in the nose? Ugh.

I'm in line right behind you JavaJo!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Although this is not funny in real life on the show the choir boy's resignation is hilarious and those jocks are the kids we love to hate anyway.
    He just won my heart when he said, "One day you will all work for me."

Also, I know studio versions of most of the songs are being sold on iTunes, so I understand why they have to be polished. But with the pilot they were able to have those more organic songs in the actual show, along with studio versions they sold. I understand if it's too much for the cast to do two versions of everything, but I just prefer the less produced sound.
    Last edited by MotherSister; 09-11-2009 at 04:38 PM.

FORT Fogey

Last night while relaxing with a re-run of "Two and a Half Men" I realised that the actress who plays the "villanous" cheerleader teacher also played/plays Charlie's psychiatrist on "Two and a Half Men."

She's very good in both roles!

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3698457;

Hehehe, for someone to give up Farmtown is asking a lot, lol!! It is quite addicting .

I am in total agreement with Terri (the wife). Someone needs to kick her square in the bootie! I do feel a little bad for Jessalyn Gilsig though. She seems to be cast more often as a bad girl than a good girl.

Jane Lynch as Sue (cheerleader coach) is a perfect fit! I have loved almost every role that she has been cast in.

I think I'm alone, but I like the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister;3698583;
    He just won my heart when he said, "One day you will all work for me."

Also, I know studio versions of most of the songs are being sold on iTunes, so I understand why they have to be polished. But with the pilot they were able to have those more organic songs in the actual show, along with studio versions they sold. I understand if it's too much for the cast to do two versions of everything, but I just prefer the less produced sound.
    Although the pilot's songs were also prerecorded, I agree that they sounded much more believable than the songs in the last episode. When Lea Michele sang "Take a Bow," it just sounded so produced. Not to mention that it was kinda awkward to see her singing the song while looking at Finn and Quinn talking.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3698389;
    The overly produced musical numbers and the grossly inappropriate song and dance choices are not my favorite part of the show.
    First of all, I just watched the pilot and the premiere for the first time this week and I really like this show so far!!

I completely agree with all of the comments about overproduction. For me the "Golddigger" number was the worst offender. I had a really hard time reconciling the voice I was hearing with the teacher I was seeing dancing around and singing. My brain just wasn't quite buying into it!!

On the other hand, the "grossly inappropriate song and dance choices" are one of the things I like about this show. I thought the Push It number for the assembly was very funny. I am really looking forward to more from this show!!

The singing was so off this episode. You could see them mouthing it, there were quiet a few spots were the dubbing was off and I felt like I was watching a bad Godzilla remake where you see the flapping of the lips and then a few seconds later the words would come. Horrible.

I found the show to be disappointing. I watched the premiere and then watched the season opener back to back and you can see a huge drop in production and story line. I hope they refind their footing and go back to what they did with the premiere. A good place to start would be to stop with the over production.

Some things I loved about the show. The chemistry between the staff members. The principle, the female coach, the male coach, the guidance counselor, and Will himself. They all "click" in that magical on-screen way and I am honestly enjoying their interactions more than those of the students since I only like care for a couple of them at this point.

The Push-It number was gold. It made ME embarrassed seeing them doing it! I was just shaking my head in amazement that they went there and then the pan of the audience sitting there in shock, priceless. Even if it was way over produced, it was a great number.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3699670;
    The Push-It number was gold. It made ME embarrassed seeing them doing it! I was just shaking my head in amazement that they went there and then the pan of the audience sitting there in shock, priceless. Even if it was way over produced, it was a great number.

Yeah, I was sitting there for half of it with my mouth hanging open, and the other, laughing hysterically. Eh, I'm easy, it doesn't take a whole lot to make me laugh. The principle sitting through it with his eyes closed, tapping his feet cracked me up.

I had to rewatch when they had the encore Friday night because I missed so many little things (flipping between Glee and another show). I'm not sure this episode was quite up to the pilot but I still enjoyed it immensely - it's kind of like watching a Disney movie and hearing lines on two separate levels (obviously, Glee's 2nd tier humor is a bit more adult). It's little things that make it for me - they start singing "Gold Digger" and cut to Terri planning the nursery, the pamphlets in Emma's office, the cut from Finn and Rachel to Terri's utrasound goo. But hands down, I love Jane Lynch!

I really loved the Rihanna Take a Bow cover, very beautifully done, she definitely did it some justice.

I actually liked the episode, I don't know why people thought it didn't live up to the pilot, which was amazing, but i think this episode was great in its own right.

+ Reply to Thread