+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parks and Recreation

FORT Fanatic

Parks and Recreation

I watched this show yesterday because it was sandwiched between 2 new episodes of The Office. I have this to say about the new show: IMO I thought it was awful. It wasn't funny. In fact, at times, I felt bad for Amy Polher. I think she's better than this show. Plus, I never cared for Rashinda Jones. I was thrilled when she left The Office. Am I alone in thinking this? Did everyone else love it?

Re: Parks and Recreation

I think it was okay and will probably continue to watch because of when it is.. but if it doesn't get better, I don't see it lasting. Some of it was just okay, but there wasn't anything special.

I liked Amy Poehler on SNL and in Baby Mama.
    I watched the previews of this show, though, and they looked pretty awful, so I did not watch. She needs Tina to do the writing, probably.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I agree, it was awful. I didn't even make it through to the end. I usually tape the lineup this falls under so I'll just FF through it from now on.

I didn't make it through the first episode of In the Motherhood and Better Off Ted either and heard In the Motherhood is already being pulled. I can't see Better Off Ted lasting either but you never know.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I actually liked it better then I thought I would. But really they could just put Amy Poehler on The Office and not have to have a whole different show.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

FORT Fogey

Those of you who read a lot of my posts know that I do energy readings on people/performances.

So when I say this you know I am not picking on anyone--just reporting what I sensed when I saw the ads for this show--

--I got a real feeling of not just low energy but a kind of gloom or "deadness/dread." It was strong enough to affect me physically.

So of course I did not watch the show.

I wonder if anyone else got any sort of truly negative read from the ads/the show?

FORT Regular

An incredibly bad version of the Office. Not worth wasting your time with, Play with your kids, pleasure your hubby, walk the dog (or pleasure your hubby while you walk the dog). Anything except watch this pile of tripe.

I like this show and the cast. It's not a top favorite (nor is 'The Office', for that matter) so if I miss it I'm not bummed.

Going slightly off topic: I think it's much better than 'My Name is Earl', which I stopped watching early last season when it got mired in the never-ending prison story line.

I really like this show. Amy Poehler is doing a great job with her character, and the other actors are good too. I hope it gets renewed.

I want to add, I just finished watching the season finale episode, and the ending made me laugh out loud. The comedy in this series really marries The Office with SNL's Tina Fey/Amy Poehler sensibility. The "women's perspective" makes everything deeper and resonate more, as far as I'm concerned, and perhaps seem to move at a more measured pace, which might cause people not to "get it" immediately. It would be a crying shame if enough people don't appreciate it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast