+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Southland

Re: Southland

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3726425;
    Hollywood Reporter is saying that it looks like this show may be headed to TNT. Talks are progressing.

That would be awesome! I hope it works out.

FORT Fogey

If it goes to cable that will leave me out. But I'd be happy if it saved this great show.

BTW--why couldn't NBC show it at 10/9 central on Saturday or Sunday nights?

I think NBC has just turned into a big bunch of chickens and underestimates the intelligence of their audiences.
    Because if they didn't they wouldn't be trying to shove Leno down our throats instead of giving us some quality adult-level dramas in that time slot.

How could they run ER all those years? Their violence level was through the roof often.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3726478;
    If it goes to cable that will leave me out. But I'd be happy if it saved this great show.

BTW--why couldn't NBC show it at 10/9 central on Saturday or Sunday nights?

I think NBC has just turned into a big bunch of chickens and underestimates the intelligence of their audiences.
    Because if they didn't they wouldn't be trying to shove Leno down our throats instead of giving us some quality adult-level dramas in that time slot.

How could they run ER all those years? Their violence level was through the roof often.
    The whole thing with NBC is $$$. A whole weeks worth of Leno costs around the same as 1 nights worth of an hr. long drama.

Rumors are than NBC is having such a rough go of it right now, they may bring Chuck back at the end of this month instead of waiting until Jan. as planned.

[QUOTE=razorbacker;3726521Rumor s are than NBC is having such a rough go of it right now, they may bring Chuck back at the end of this month instead of waiting until Jan. as planned.[/QUOTE]

I posted that in the Chuck thread a few days ago. Chuck is the only NBC show on my must see list.

As far as NBC's programming decisions are concerned, this was the network that wanted to cancel the original Star Trek series after its first year. What a brilliant financial move THAT would have turned out to be! They did give it a second season, but but its time slot and slashed its budget. Oh, and of course, they wanted to cancel Chuck, too.

Clueless.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

TNT has indeed picked up this show. The will show the 6 unaired episodes from this season, plus 7 from last season, but have not committed to putting up money to tape any other new ones.

YAY! Had to go see when it's on! Absolutely love this show. The last episode, where the gang guys are coming after the young girl at the lady cop's house was amazing. On the edge of my seat, felt like I was watching a movie, not a TV show. So yeah, the production costs must be huge.

Season 2 of Southland will premiere on January 12th and will air Tuesdays at 10 p.m.
    on TNT.

Hurrah! I hope TNT will get enough viewers that they consider making some new episodes.

FORT Fogey

I don't have canle so I won't get to see it--but I am glad that someone has the intelligence to save this show.

NBC is off its rocker.

Many many fans of NBC dramas are expressing their displeasure with the direction NBC is currently going in-and dissing Leno's weak show in the process.

BTW--my own idea is that NBC could easily have run Southland at 10/9 central on Saturday nights.

Obviously they just do not want any more quality dramas.

(Weirdly as I am typing this the View women are discussing this very issue.)

Oh just freakin' great. Something else I have to buy on DVD.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread