+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Southland

Re: Southland

It rather reminds me of some of the scenes they used to do in ER when the camera would follow a gurney being rushed intoa trauma room.
    They used to film it in such a way as you felt you were there.
    There are some scenes in Southland that make you feel you are on a ride along with the cops.
    Very cleverly done, but maybe too real at times for some.
    The storylines and the feel of the show is very much more intense.
    "That's Numberwang!"

My problem wasn't the fast moving stuff in the first couple episodes I watched (after which I quit watching). My problem was that the whole thing moved entirely too slow for me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3480695;
    My problem wasn't the fast moving stuff in the first couple episodes I watched (after which I quit watching). My problem was that the whole thing moved entirely too slow for me.

Sometimes I find the editing a problem too.

But overall I like the pace of the show--since the pace/editing helps give the feel of different kinds of police work.

FORT Regular

... and the show is cancelled before season 2 even starts ... way to go NBC / Leno experiment ...

NBC Cancels Southland - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

"NBC executives said the show's content was too dark and gritty for broadcast TV, particularly at that earlier hour" -> um, Law & Order SVU is on at the same hour???

Per John Wells -> "I'm disappointed that NBC no longer has the time periods available to support the kind of critically-acclaimed series that was for so many years, a hallmark of their success. We remain extremely proud of 'Southland' and are actively looking for another home for the series."
    Last edited by misterteetoo; 10-09-2009 at 12:22 PM.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misterteetoo;3722751;
    ... and the show is cancelled before season 2 even starts ... way to go NBC / Leno experiment ...

NBC Cancels Southland - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
    I'm pissed, but it doesn't surprise me. In the Jay Leno thread I mentioned that I felt that the material and their language, etc. on Southland could no way be shown at 9:00. Thanks NBC. I don't think I have one thing on my Tivo from NBC except The Biggest Loser. Leno is KILLING every show. Nice going NBC.

I hope a cable network (FX perhaps??) picks it up so it can be the show it was meant to be.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

NBC = Nothing But Cancellations

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by misterteetoo View Post
    Per John Wells -> "I'm disappointed that NBC no longer has the time periods available to support the kind of critically-acclaimed series that was for so many years, a hallmark of their success. We remain extremely proud of 'Southland' and are actively looking for another home for the series."
    I do hope that another network picks this show up. It is one of the few new shows from last season (possibly the only one) that I really liked and I have been anxiously awaiting this season's premiere.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

I just read this as well, and I'm irritated. I do not watch Jay Leno, and never will. I would much prefer to have the variety of shows that have been bumped instead of the same old talk show stuff that Conan O'Brien, David Letterman, Craig Ferguson and a whole bunch of others do. We don't need Jay Leno and his boring old format, we need more interesting and varied shows. I really enjoyed Southland, I want it back.

I just emailled NBC with a complaint about Jay Leno's shows and a request to reinstate Southland. If anyone else would like to do the same, you can at this link:

NBC.com > Contact Us
    Last edited by StarryElf; 10-09-2009 at 07:31 PM. Reason: added NBC link

I'm disappointed, too. It was such a good show, and I loved the cast. Here's hoping some other network will recognize their talent and pick it up.

Hollywood Reporter is saying that it looks like this show may be headed to TNT. Talks are progressing.

+ Reply to Thread