+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Southland

Re: Southland

i hulu'd this show's Pilot earlier today and just came on here to trash the show

I like Regina King, and the OC Dude is cool, even the big-eyed Dharma cat from LOST is ok with me... but i hope they got other work because this show can't possibly last more than a few episodes (it's worst than knight Rider)

everything is bad from the shows intro, writing, overzealous handheld camera shots, even in some of the frames the main person was out of focus; it's not even a DOF issue, just a bad cameraman.

i guess they were trying to make some bizzarro version of The Shield. and was anyone else annoyed with the *bleeps* ( who puts *bleeps* on broadcast tv shows vs. just writing a "cleaner" script ) ..guess there planning a DVD release.
    :nono

I tried to watch eps 2 but couldn't make it.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3417881;
    i hulu'd this show's Pilot earlier today and just came on here to trash the show

I like Regina King, and the OC Dude is cool, even the big-eyed Dharma cat from LOST is ok with me... but i hope they got other work because this show can't possibly last more than a few episodes (it's worst than knight Rider)

everything is bad from the shows intro, writing, overzealous handheld camera shots, even in some of the frames the main person was out of focus; it's not even a DOF issue, just a bad cameraman.

i guess they were trying to make some bizzarro version of The Shield. and was anyone else annoyed with the *bleeps* ( who puts *bleeps* on broadcast tv shows vs. just writing a "cleaner" script ) ..guess there planning a DVD release.
    :nono

I tried to watch eps 2 but couldn't make it.
    The bleeps were driving me crazy too. I just watched the 2nd episode last night, and within the first 2 minutes, there were 4 words bleeped out. Now, if you know you cant say these words on tv, well why the bleep are they in the script?

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

Countdown to cancellation, initiate sequence ... .

I wanted to love this show. I really did.
    Don't bore us, get to the chorus. - M. Campbell

I was surprised that Ben wasn't on at all tonight.. did I miss where they explained where Ben and his partner were?

FORT Fogey

On anothe thread somebody posted the NBC fall schedule--and Southland is schedulled for Friday night at 9/8 Central!

Yay!!

Now we'll get to find out if the cop who got shot dies or not.

Even though they're entirely different shows Southland probably suffers by the obvious comparissons that will be made to The Unusuals, given that they're both new cop shows.
    The Unusuals is more character driven, imo, wittier and more fast-paced.
    Southland is too much of a roller-coaster, they producers seem to think they have a captive audience and all the time in the world to develop plotlines and characters.
    I think you have a fairly small window in which to win over the public.
    The beeping doesn't help either.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm surprised that so many people do not like this show - I think it's fantastic. I don't mind the beeped out expletives as I find it give the show a cinema verité feel. Anyway, really glad it's coming back next fall.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3479082;
    Even though they're entirely different shows Southland probably suffers by the obvious comparissons that will be made to The Unusuals, given that they're both new cop shows.
    The Unusuals is more character driven, imo, wittier and more fast-paced.
    Southland is too much of a roller-coaster, they producers seem to think they have a captive audience and all the time in the world to develop plotlines and characters.
    I think you have a fairly small window in which to win over the public.
    The beeping doesn't help either.

I really like the rollercoaster feel--it is exactly the way patrol feels--one minute sitting quietly and being bored--and the next minute all h*ll breaks loose.

I think they capture the feel of patrol work very very well.

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3479993;
    I really like the rollercoaster feel--it is exactly the way patrol feels--one minute sitting quietly and being bored--and the next minute all h*ll breaks loose.

I think they capture the feel of patrol work very very well.
    I agree, but I can see why some people may not like that aspect of the show.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3480008;
    I agree, but I can see why some people may not like that aspect of the show.

Fluff--I know what you mean. Some people find being on patrol exilerating and lots of fun and others find it either boring or downright scary.

To each their own.

+ Reply to Thread