+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Southland

Re: SouthLAnd

I agree, it wasn't the greatest premiere, but it definitely has potential. And how crazy is it to see C. Thomas Howell with gray hair?

I really liked it. It wasn't the best it could have been, but it was good. I will definitely be watching and continue to do so.

I finally had a chance to watch the show and thought it was quite good. I will give it a couple of more episodes before I decide if it gets "series recording status" on my DVR.

I love Ben McKenzie but didn't really care for the show. It was slow moving most of the time and didn't like the choppy editing. I might catch it now again (if it lasts) but can't see tuning in every week.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3410861;
    I love Ben McKenzie but didn't really care for the show. It was slow moving most of the time and didn't like the choppy editing. I might catch it now again (if it lasts) but can't see tuning in every week.
    I'm kind of relieved I'm not the only one that felt it was slow. I'll catch it again probably but it's not really my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by snapcat;3403888;
    It looks like a good show. I'll be watching. Kind of reminds me of Third Watch - which i still miss.
    That's what I thought of too. Don't miss Third Watch cause it airs everyday (week) and I have 29 episodes in my dvr from the beginning and I recorded them all on vhs last year. Can't get enough of that show.

Sorry back on topic.

It felt like the pilot kept jumping all over the place, it needs to run a little more smooth but it was pretty good. I was so angry at C. Thomas Howell's character for not listening to Ben. He told him that he hadn't searched the suspect.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

30 minutes into tonight's episode, and I'm not even slightly convinced that this show has legs. Not impressed, at all...and I wanted to be.

2 Words:

It Stinks!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It's still not holding my attention and it's still moving too slow for me.

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

I had it on tonight but was doing household projects. The TV soon was forgotten.
    Don't bore us, get to the chorus. - M. Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by finalefan;3409634;
    Is it just me or did it seem like maybe there were too many different plot lines going on for a premiere?
    Not just you. I'm not sure why they had to introduce EVERY character in the first episode.

Last night's show much much easier to follow -- and not nearly as dark (literally & figuratively).

+ Reply to Thread