+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unusuals on ABC--Amber Tamblyn

FORT Fogey

The Unusuals on ABC--Amber Tamblyn

For fans of Amber Tamblyn ("Joan of Arcadia") a new cop show is starting on ABC on Monday April 6 after Dancing With the Stars.

I've seen several of the ads and it looks good enough to at least try once. Many of the cast members are recognizable from other shows though I can't put names to the faces.

I guess the basic theme is "not typical" cops and their unusual cases.

I'll try to find some network info on this.

So happy to see Amber back on tv!

Re: The Unusuals on ABC--Amber Tamblyn

I love the line about the thong in the preview. It looks interesting!

At first I just kind of dismissed this as yet another cop show and decided not to watch it until I realized that Amber Tamblyn was going to be in it so I set my DVR. I totally loved her in Joan of Arcadia and Tibby is totally my favorite character in the Sisterhood movies so I'm really looking forward to seeing her in a different type of role.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

I've been waiting for this one and hope it's as good as I'd like it to be. I like Amber Tamblyn (and her father who I hope will make some guest appearances as he did in Joan of Arcadia). It looks to be a mixture of action, unusual story lines, and some humor, a combination that with good acting and writing can make for a very entertaining show.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Harrold Perrineau (Michael from LOST) looks to be in it, as well. I'm looking forward to this.

FORT Fogey

The ads are very confusing--becuase "Castle" is being advrtised as being on Monday--and now the ads for "The Unusuals" I saw tonight said it would be on WEDNESDAY.

The Unusuals ads I saw tonight had a big banner across the top (which they didn't have before) saying "premeiring Wednesday"--

And there are now ads for both Castle and the new Bob Saget comedy ("Surviving Suberbia") to be on ABC on Monday night.

I don't know why the ads were changed but I apologize for any cinfusion my initial post has caused. I posted with the info I had at the time.

Stacerace--please reset your DVR!

FORT Fogey

Okay--I checked ABC's schedule on hei website.

On Monday--

Dancing with the Stars (1 1/2 hours)

Surviving Suburbia (half hour)

Castle (one hour)

On Wednesday

Scrubs/ Better Off Ted (total one hour)

Lost (new episode)

The Unusuals (one hour)

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

I had no intention of watching this show until I read here that Amber Tamblyn was going to be in it. Now, I wouldn't miss if for anything.

FORT Fogey

Uncle David--me too. That's why I posted the title the way I did.

I think a lot of people were not picking up on the fact that Amber is in the show.

I know that I didn't for quite some time.

btw--the ads for the show--in addition to having that new banner overlaid along the top saying that it is premiering on Wednesady--now has a day count down--"Four days uintil the premier of The Unusuals."

They must really have messed up their schedule in some way to make them move the show to another night and then have to do a huge ad campaign to make sure the fact of the move got out.

Also--I hadn't even heard of Bob Saget's "comedy" Surviving Suburbia until a few days ago when he started popping up on vaious talk shows--including The View--promoting his new series. It all seems very last minute and I am wondering what happened about Monday nights that made them do this.

I get the feeling it might have to do with scaling back Dancing With the Stars to one hour and a half instead of two hours.

I think this looks like a good show and will definitely be watching. But, face it... what has happened to EVERY show that has been in that Wednesday night time slot for the past couple years? I'm not getting my hopes up or going to get too attached to it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast