+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Unusuals on ABC--Amber Tamblyn

Re: The Unusuals on ABC--Amber Tamblyn

I would be very disappointed if this gets canceled but then again I'm used to the networks disappointing me these days .
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fan

I'm not surpised. I thought something might be up with ABC deciding to air two episodes this week. I guess they were trying to see if the show would do better on another night. It's sad though that shows aren't given time to build, especially the good ones. It seems as though today, if you aren't an instant, monster hit, your show is a goner.
    I've got that new "I'm a single girl swag"

Oh, downer! I, too, have come to love this show for its well written plot lines and character development. On Thurs show, I adored the paralyzing shyness of "42" (darn, can't remember the character name yet) with his crush on the 911 operator and how it resolved with her deciding she talked enough for the both of them. That was a clever piece of writing. I loved the poignancy of the "zombie" plot line and the attempt at a human connection. I even loved the crime slut plot line and that another character has revealed her secret. I hope it stays on long enough for me to remember the characters' names. That would be nice.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I loved Amber on Joan of Arcardia and her Traveling Pants movies. Her role on The Unusuals is a more serious role than I have seen her in and I am adjusting to seeing her play a more mature role rather than a young girl. I hope the don't cancel the show already!

Interesting note: She is in Durham, NC filming Mainstreet with Colin Firth and Orlando Bloom, I went to the film site yesterday and just missed seeing her but got a big wave from Colin!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3424101;
    Oh, downer! I, too, have come to love this show for its well written plot lines and character development. On Thurs show, I adored the paralyzing shyness of "42" (darn, can't remember the character name yet) with his crush on the 911 operator and how it resolved with her deciding she talked enough for the both of them. That was a clever piece of writing. I loved the poignancy of the "zombie" plot line and the attempt at a human connection. I even loved the crime slut plot line and that another character has revealed her secret. I hope it stays on long enough for me to remember the characters' names. That would be nice.
    Detective Casey Schraeger - Amber (like you didn't already know )
    Detective Jason Walsh - cutie partner
    Detective Leo Banks - was Michael on Lost
    Detective Eric Delahoy - brain tumor guy
    Detective Allison Beaumont - sexual partner of Jason Walsh otherwise known as "other female detective"
    Detective Edie Alvaraz - thinks hs is hotshot detective married to lawyer/DA(?)
    Sergeant Harvey Brown - the "sarge"
    Detective Henry Cole - born again christian and partner of Allison.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I knew Casey by her first name and Walsh and Delahoy by their last names. The other names I didn't really recognize except for Eddie Alvarez and that's because he always refers to himself in the third person.

I like the show so far and I hope the network gives it more than a few weeks to gain some viewers.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3424158;
    I hope the network gives it more than a few weeks to gain some viewers.
    It's only ten episodes long, and they've already aired 4 of those. So... even under ideal circumstances you won't get your wish.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3424659;
    It's only ten episodes long, and they've already aired 4 of those. So... even under ideal circumstances you won't get your wish.

I'm not sure what you mean. All series start out in limited editions.

Why should the number of episodes predetermine which ones will be renewed?

10 eps is half a season-more than a lot of other new shows get.

I think there is some confusion. Last week ABC announced the pickups of a few shows that everyone knew already would be safe. That has lead to speculation that any show not named it now in danger.

Shows that have been around for awhile (few seasons) that weren't named should be sweating a bit. A new show would have to be a breakout hit to get a early pickup. I think it is a month or two before they fully announce pickups.

I sure hope this show is one that gets picked up. I really like it and I am tired of smart, funny shows getting the axe. And if the only thing to watch at 10pm ends up to be just Jay Leno I am throwing my TV out the window.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3424802;
    I think there is some confusion. Last week ABC announced the pickups of a few shows that everyone knew already would be safe. That has lead to speculation that any show not named it now in danger.

Shows that have been around for awhile (few seasons) that weren't named should be sweating a bit. A new show would have to be a breakout hit to get a early pickup. I think it is a month or two before they fully announce pickups.

I sure hope this show is one that gets picked up. I really like it and I am tired of smart, funny shows getting the axe. And if the only thing to watch at 10pm ends up to be just Jay Leno I am throwing my TV out the window.

Thanks for that info--now the feelings of doom make sense.

When might ehy announce which new shows are going to get picked up?

Because if they're going to run in the fall they'd have to start production very soon.

Unless they want to save them for January.

+ Reply to Thread