+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Unusuals on ABC--Amber Tamblyn

Re: The Unusuals on ABC--Amber Tamblyn

Her name is Kat Foster. I recognize her from Law & Order, but you may recognize her from somewhere else. Look her up on imdb.

One of the things I find fun and interesting about this show is that they have an excellent soundtrack. It really adds to fun of the show.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

The third episode (the one with the Murder Store) is the one that really sold me on this show. Everything seemed to come together finally in that episode, and all of the characters stopped seeming a bit fake/"nothing but quirky" and started seeming a lot more real (in other words, JUST the right amount of quirky).

Amber is definitely the big selling point of the show. Before this show came on, when all I knew was from press accounts and pre-air publicity, I couldn't really see her in the role. But what she's done shows how smart an actress she really is--she's played it VERY low key. She's the "normal" one in the madhouse, which can either be boring as hell, or with a good actor, engaging. With her, it's engaging.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Krom--very well put.

I'd just like to add that I was afraid before the series started that I would keep being reminded of "Joan of Arcadia"--one of my all-time faves--whenever I saw Amber in this show.

I realized last night while watching her interact with her partner and then with that clunky sort-of boyfriend of hers that I hadn't thouight about Joan for several episodes now.

Which means she's created a new character that is believable and that owes nothing to her previous characters.

Very good work!

FORT Fan

So it seems next week's episode is going to deal a lot with the number 42, that should be a kick for the Lost fans. And on a superficial note, Walsh has a very nice body.
    I've got that new "I'm a single girl swag"

I read this show is in danger of cancellation.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3423434;
    I read this show is in danger of cancellation.
    Oh, brother! What is with the networks that they can't give quality shows time to find their audience?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3423487;
    Oh, brother! What is with the networks that they can't give quality shows time to find their audience?
    Surviving Suburbia had a higher viewership and is likely to get renewed while The Unusuals is heading toward cancellation. What ever happened to believing in a show and giving it time to pick up viewers? I would think that using the Easter spring break time period would not be the best time to gather ratings.
    "My heart is, and always will be, yours." – Sense and Sensibility

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3423614;
    Surviving Suburbia had a higher viewership and is likely to get renewed while The Unusuals is heading toward cancellation. What ever happened to believing in a show and giving it time to pick up viewers? I would think that using the Easter spring break time period would not be the best time to gather ratings.
    It's a shame the networks don't keep some of these shows to run during the summer - I'll often watch shows in the summer I don't during the regular season and pick up some great shows to start watching when the new season starts.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

from what i've read, they don't make cancellation/renewals decisions about 'mid-season' shows until late summer.

+ Reply to Thread