+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Unusuals on ABC--Amber Tamblyn

MRD

Re: The Unusuals on ABC--Amber Tamblyn

Was able to watch it online and LOVED it. I will be adding this to the TiVo list.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3410867;
    It's hard to add new one hour shows to my list of shows but I really liked this. I'll give it another go. It was quirky and interesting.
    Totally agree.

I had recorded it and finally was able to watch it last night and I really enjoyed it.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

I really really like this show. Last night just reinforced it. Which means it will probably be canceled in two weeks.

The show has humor and heart and good acting, which are the three things I look for in a show to truly love it.

I found Walsh's relationship, with the other lady on the show, very interesting. I'm glad Amber's character came clean with him and think they will have a strong partnership.

I just really like this show. I wish all shows could start out this strong. Dollhouse, I am looking at you!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fan

^^ I couldn't even be bothered with Dollhouse. I love Eliza but couldn't be bothered with another hour program on Friday. FNL was/is enough for me.

Back to this show, I really enjoyed last night's episode. The cop with the tumor annoyed me but I guess I could see how someone people would respond as he has if they were given bad medical news.

AT was great as usual and I liked that she told her partner everything. I liked her scene with her lawyer.

Even though I try not to think about it, especially with new shows, I assumed they would do the typical thing and hook up AT's character with her partner. I guess it could always happen some day in the future if the show lasts. But I am interested to see what kind of relationship Walsh (I think that's his name) has with the other female detective.
    I've got that new "I'm a single girl swag"

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3416092;
    I really really like this show. Last night just reinforced it.
    It's like they read our posts after the first show and corrected all of the things with which we had problems. I'm lovin' this show. Of course, mostly because of my sweet Amber.

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

Unlike I think everyone else here, I have never watched anything else Amber Tamblyn was on. I guess I was missing something! I like the lines the writers are giving to her character and I like how she delivers them.

I definitely liked the second episode better than the first. And I am finally getting the "funny, but not ha-ha funny" irony of the brain tumor guy being partnered with the perfectly healthy guy who is obsessed with dying.
    Don't bore us, get to the chorus. - M. Campbell

i'm afraid to like this show...i've had an abysmal record lately of shows i've liked that have tanked. i won't mention them so i don't curse the unusuals.

i didn't watch joan of arcadia, either. i think i saw the sisterhood/pants movie. i especially like the actor playing walsh...i've seen him in something i loved but his imdb.com resume didn't jog my memory...

Quote Originally Posted by jette66;3408516;
    I think there are other LOST watchers that watched this show tonight. Did anyone else catch the reference to the LOST numbers when Harold Perrineau (Michael from LOST) kept talking about the number 42? Remember...4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 were the LOST number, and it just so happened, his character dad died at 42, he was turning 42, etc. A coincidence?
    Are you sure 42 is a Lost reference? It's also from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It's the answer to "the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything." I suspect that Lost might have been alluding to this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

Miss Griss--good call!!

+ Reply to Thread