+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unusuals on ABC--Amber Tamblyn

FORT Fogey

Re: The Unusuals on ABC--Amber Tamblyn

I first saw Russ TRablyn in West Side Story when it was shown on tv at some point.

Wjhat an incredible dancer!

It took a long time of watching Joan of Arcadia for me to realize she was his daughter.

I did see them together on some entertainment news show--but that was a few years ago. I know I was impressed by their obvious respect and love for each other.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Amber better be a lead character or I'm going to be pissed.

Uncle David, it looks very much like a ensemble and that she is probably the lead of the ensemble. I LOVE this show! If the rest of the eps are as good as the first I will be a happy camper!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I've still got 1:45 to go till air time here on the West Coast. Can't wait!

It is quirky, but I love almost all of the characters already! I'd love to hear what you think of it. It was great seeing Amber (I used to watch her as a kid on a soap) all grown up. She is very much a grown-up in this movie.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I never missed Joan of Arcadia. Half because it was a remarkable program, half because of Amber. I fear the new show won't anywhere as good as JOA, but I look forward to seeing her act again.

Yikes, looks like I'm in the minority here. I'm not in love with this show yet. It had a really strong start. I like all of the odd personalities but then it got all heavy with the Sargent wanting Casey to help him clean house and now we have to go digging for everyone's secret. The secrets seem to be pretty weighty. Abuse, life-threatening, debilitating fear, mysterious pasts. So far I haven't seen enough to make me watch this and give up CSI NY for watching online later (on a much smaller screen)
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

I'll keep an open mind and probably will catch it at least once more before I decide, but I wasn't exactly wowed with the premiere. So far I like the two main female characters a lot but the men I could give or take.

I'll also watch Southland tomorrow (or I'm planning to, anyway). I probably don't want to pick up two new TV shows to watch, particularly not two in the same genre, so I'll see after a couple of weeks which one I like best. I *do* need a replacement for ER, and Southland has the advantage of being aired in its slot!
    Don't bore us, get to the chorus. - M. Campbell

I guess I like that it is a little dirty. So the weighty issues don't bother me. I think they will add a layer and give Amber more to work with.

FORT Fogey

I liked it a lot- even though it does have some rough spots.

I like all the quirky characters and I like that there is a continuing plot line of her investigating what's going on in the squad.

And I am not a CSI fan so I don't have to choose.

Loved Amber's version of tough cop. Very well done

And loved the shotgun scene--still wondering what happened--just like the characters are wondering too.

Can't wait to see "Southland" tomorrow night. Both of these shows have been getting good reviews.

+ Reply to Thread