+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Unusuals on ABC--Amber Tamblyn

Re: The Unusuals on ABC--Amber Tamblyn

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3424138;
    Detective Casey Schraeger - Amber (like you didn't already know )
    Detective Jason Walsh - cutie partner
    Detective Leo Banks - was Michael on Lost
    Detective Eric Delahoy - brain tumor guy
    Detective Allison Beaumont - sexual partner of Jason Walsh otherwise known as "other female detective"
    Detective Edie Alvaraz - thinks hs is hotshot detective married to lawyer/DA(?)
    Sergeant Harvey Brown - the "sarge"
    Detective Henry Cole - born again christian and partner of Allison.
    Always to my rescue with the hard stuff. At least I know there is a list if I make a comment next week. I love your descriptions. The DA married to Eddie Alvarez is an old school nemesis of Casey - which makes for some good face-off repartee.

My theory on Henry Cole is that he is a SPLIT PERSONALITY. Has anyone other than him actually talked to his "old crime buddy"? It was even evident at the hot dog vendor last week. And the empty pizza boxes could have already been on the table. Also, a couple of episodes ago when they were interviewing in the church and the buddy comes in...people turn to look at Henry, but when they approach (well except maybe for Allison) they get that glazed look that actors get when they aren't supposed to notice a ghost. I really think there is something fishy there. Another thing - planting the gun in the wall. Henry had time to do that and withdraw it for the reveal at the same time. Probably because the crime buddy is so opposite the new Henry, yet Henry can't really put him out of his life that it made me wonder.

ETA: To enhance my shaky theory is that self-righteous Henry couldn't countenance someone he considered a dirty cop and told his buddy about it. The buddy arranged the hit. Last night the buddy talked Henry into calling the cop car off of the store. The fact that we could see the buddy loading a van with stolen goods in broad daylight with Henry watching is suspicious. It is as though his alter-ego is giving him a tip of the hat. As I said this characterization is gnawing at me...disturbing my sleep (almost.) I hope this is sorted out to be true or false before they cancel the series.

I read that while long time shows have received their renewals, mid-season shows still have to wait to find out their fate. fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-26-2009 at 11:46 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3425348;
    Always to my rescue with the hard stuff. At least I know there is a list if I make a comment next week. I love your descriptions. The DA married to Eddie Alvarez is an old school nemesis of Casey - which makes for some good face-off repartee.

My theory on Henry Cole is that he is a SPLIT PERSONALITY. Has anyone other than him actually talked to his "old crime buddy"? It was even evident at the hot dog vendor last week. And the empty pizza boxes could have already been on the table. Also, a couple of episodes ago when they were interviewing in the church and the buddy comes in...people turn to look at Henry, but when they approach (well except maybe for Allison) they get that glazed look that actors get when they aren't supposed to notice a ghost. I really think there is something fishy there. Another thing - planting the gun in the wall. Henry had time to do that and withdraw it for the reveal at the same time. Probably because the crime buddy is so opposite the new Henry, yet Henry can't really put him out of his life that it made me wonder.

ETA: To enhance my shaky theory is that self-righteous Henry couldn't countenance someone he considered a dirty cop and told his buddy about it. The buddy arranged the hit. Last night the buddy talked Henry into calling the cop car off of the store. The fact that we could see the buddy loading a van with stolen goods in broad daylight with Henry watching is suspicious. It is as though his alter-ego is giving him a tip of the hat. As I said this characterization is gnawing at me...disturbing my sleep (almost.) I hope this is sorted out to be true or false before they cancel the series.

I read that while long time shows have received their renewals, mid-season shows still have to wait to find out their fate. fingers crossed.
    That's a very interesting theory and one I hadn't thought of. I can easily visualize that scenario, and if it isn't right, maybe it should be.

I also love Adam Goldberg (Delahoy), who can do both drama and comedy very well. He was hysterical as Mordechai Jefferson Carver in The Hebrew Hammer.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Very interesting theory! I'll be watching him differently now!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I really love this show and hope it will not get cancelled. The cast is fabulous and I love the very quirky dialouge. So far I see the show more as a comedy but it does have some dramatic moments.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3425348;

Didn't someone tell him--"There's someone to see you?" when his old buddy arrived at the stationhouse?

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3425963;
    Didn't someone tell him--"There's someone to see you?" when his old buddy arrived at the stationhouse?
    Not only that, but the fiancee also had a conversation with him in the church. I think the old buddy is a real person and Henry will wind up killing him to keep his secrets safe.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fan

How has the show been doing in the ratings?
    I've got that new "I'm a single girl swag"

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3424790;
    I'm not sure what you mean. All series start out in limited editions.

Why should the number of episodes predetermine which ones will be renewed?
    I was specifically replying to "I hope the network gives it more than a few weeks to gain some viewers." Well, the point is the network CAN'T give it more weeks, because all they have is that short period of time to evaluate. If the original poster was hoping for 22 weeks, it's not happening, because the decision has to be made after 8 or 9 (at least one week had two episodes air).

Actually, since they don't make decisions on mid-season shows till long after the fall announcements, in a way the show DOES have much longer. But the data the network goes by is still only going to be coming from those weeks when it aired.
    Last edited by Krom; 04-28-2009 at 03:58 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Well the ratings do not look good for this show at present. Comparing the numbers by way of cancel/renew index

Program = Cancel/renew index
    Castle= 0.93
    Private Practice= 1.07 returning
    Greys = 1.70 returning
    Boston Legal = 0.81 final season
    Dirty Sexy $ = 0.70 cancelled
    Unusuals = 0.70 ????
    Surviving Suburbia = 1.04
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

suburbia actually had that many people watching?? now we know what the problem is... they only give the ratings boxes to dumbasses...which would also explain the longevity of Two and a half Men
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread