+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Angel:The Vampire with a Soul

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    What's even worse is that Angel was the only WB show that increased viewers and now there will be no more episodes. The last episode was great!

"Amish In The City" JonasIsTheMan's Avatar
    I'm a fan of boreanaz..but he got older and so did the show. I kinda stopped watching after Darla gave birth and the baby some how turned 15 or whatever so quickly...it didn't make sense..but still i'm sure its a good show
    "After all the backstabbing they've done, those PANSIES can't handle backstabbing themselves." - Jonas P. Kurtz

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    I am! I used to be a HUGE fan of btvs to the point where I taped ALL the episodes EXCLUDING ALL ads for the first 4.5 seasons then I sort of gotten sick of it.
    Then Angel came, I watched a bit but that was the time I stopped watching Buffy

I love Darla thou! And Drusilla & Spike! Ohhh I wish there were more of them

Hostil 17

Angel Investigations Hotel Office

I live in the Los Angeles area and was wondering where the Hotel is located that was used for the opening scene shots before Angel Investigations was moved to Wolfram and Heart. I really miss both of the series and was hoping someone would continue w/Angel just because the end was such a cliffhanger. The Buffy series had dragged off and on and i had a hard time watching the college/Initiative seasons but still kept watching. I actually liked the Angel series more than the final season of Buffy.
    Last edited by Hostil 17; 09-20-2004 at 03:36 PM.

I agree, Hostil 17---or should i say Spike---Angel was getting interesting, where Buffy was losing something---probably the interest of SMG, who wanted out.
    The last episode of Angel was one of the better ending I've seen for a series.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hostil 17
    I live in the Los Angeles area and was wondering where the Hotel is located that was used for the opening scene shots before Angel Investigations was moved to Wolfram and Heart.
    From www.seeing-stars.com/Locations/TVlocations.shtml

Speaking the "Buffy" spin-off "ANGEL", after Angel moved to Los Angeles he set up 'Angel Investigations' in a deserted, historic hotel. Did you ever wonder where Angel's "Hyperion Hotel" was located?
    Well, for once the script and reality agree - it's right here in L.A., and it really is an historic hotel with old Hollywood connections. In fact, it's on the National Register of Historical Places. It's actually the Los Altos Hotel & Apartments, located at 4121 Wilshire Blvd. It was built back in 1925, and in its heyday it housed Hollywood stars such as Douglas Fairbanks, Clara Bow, Bette Davis, Mae West, Judy Garland and Loretta Young. Rumor has it that William Randolph Hearst once kept his mistress, actress Marion Davies, in the penthouse apartment. It's located on the north side of Wilshire, just east of Crenshaw Blvd.

Thanks for that info, grrrl--I was watching some of Buffy Season 4 on the weekend, and was wondering where they shot the college campus scenes, and what high school they used for the previous seasons. I didn't realize they used an actual house for Buffy's home--good stuff.

Hostil 17

I grew up on the hell mouth.

Torrance, CA is Sunnydale, CA. The reason shotting was ended out in Torrance was due to the neighborhood of Old Torrance just south of Torrance Blvd.s property value increase. The big stick went down when they started useing special effects (noisey) and hits the papers as want adds w/a dracula cartoon image next to them all over the local papers pages saying get Buffy out or something to of the same idea. Sunnydale City Hall is located @ the 405 Crenshaw exit and is an old building moved from somewhere else or designed after an old building with the clock tower original to it. Old Torrance High School or Torrance High is Beverly Hills High 90210 and Sunnydale High School. Torrance neighbors really got angry (old folks mainly) when the school was blown up (noisey bright special effects to add to the CGI effects). The thing of it is is there are or were demons in old Torrance. The Torrance mens club also more well known as the Torrance Police Department. They acted like the zombie cops from the Angel series and beat/shot first ask questions and read them their rights after we are finished w/them. And then there are the South Bay Skinheads a mix of a punk gangs Circle One (wore all black and looked undead), The Family (latin punks), and Carson Skins (latin skinheads). Most of these guys (the boys) have turned out to be closet homosexuals that could'nt handle there own sexuality so the would go "fag bashing" in Hollywood and do drugs to an extreme. They were all monsters in their own right and many have killed themselves off in drug overdoses. I had close contact with all these beasties so i feel alot like Buffy sometimes, glad to be out of Sunnydale (Torrance). I now live in Long Beach, CA home of the new Santa Monica. Thanx for the location info on Angel.

Angel is great very nice looking is angel I like the episodes where he turns evil!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345