+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Angel:The Vampire with a Soul

Lorne is my hero
    I don't want the ocean in my seashell. I just want a boyfriend with a brain cell. Stretch Princess

david boreanaz at my friend's art show.

http://www.johnbenzart.com - go to the bacardi launch party pics.

Just saw the season finale up here in Canadnd I have to say that it was not as bad as everyone thinks( IMHO). Considering that they didn't know whether or not the show was going to be renewed, it ended pretty good. I liked the way that Conner was saved in the end and the obvious price that Angel had to pay to Wolfram & Hart.

Next year....? who can say. With no Buffy, fans may need a vampire fix, so to speak. And maybe Joss won't be so stretched and can put some qulity back in the show.

If it was up to me...? Get rid of Fred and Gunn. Two wasted charecters and two wasted actors. The Wesley/Lilah relationship is very rich and interesting. Lorne .... keep for the humor.
    And Angel has to get darker. He has to get back to the promise of what this show was the first season. Adult, dark, and biting.
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

Hey folks, I was a huge Buffy fan but never really watched Angel much until just recently. I watched last season mainly for the crossover stuff, and am finally watching it from the beginning on DVD. I'm in the middle of Season 1 right now, and am enjoying it, though it's rather uneven--and I was distraught to see the death of Doyle. I couldn't believe it, I loved his character!

I just wanted to know what you guys thought of the episodes this season with Spike. I only caught "Just Rewards" and "Destiny". I'm happy to see James Marsters again, but don't think his character is quite as well-written and nuanced as on Buffy.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Oh! I think we have 2 Angel threads. The other one is here. This past week's episode was so funny...with Harmony. Next week's is one directed by David Boreanaz himself. Spike can sometimes be a little much, but he's okay. I think he puts Angel in a bad mood, which I don't like.

Season 1 of Angel has great episodes. It is so sad when Doyle dies. You should check out Season 2 after you're done...great one too! There are episodes on weekdays on TNT if you wanted to check those out. Good to have you for the discussions, SFGirl!

Thanks, Mike. I have no idea how I missed that thread, and ended up resurrecting this ancient one instead (well, I guess the imagery is at least appropriate).

I'm really enjoying Angel despite discovering it so late. As you know, I was a huge Buffy fan, but just could never remember to watch Angel for some reason. Still can't! As a matter of fact, if you can ever just remind me when it's on, that would be a huge help. (I know, I'm a moron.)

Thanks for the info and link...I'll catch up on reading the thread, and watching the series, then I'll be seeing you in the other thread!

BTW, I just watched "Five by Five," the ep from Season 1 when Faith returns from her coma. Wow, it was really good. I love Eliza Dushku--as Faith. Haven't seen Tru Calling though. I'm always late to catch on, it seems.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Newbie
    Hi, I live in New York, and hey, on Wednesday, (March 10th,) no Angel! Has the show been moved to a different time slot. If someone could get back to me, I'd really appreciate it.

OK my two cents: I got tired real quick of cutesy Quinn and that Irish accent. It was enough to hear it in Angelus flashbacks. Watching Conner was very emotionally painful, which I thought was a good thing, it brought the show into the realm of difficult emotions instead of just whack and hack. I thought Cordie was great as both goddess and super-demon and I'm really sorry she's gone, although her role was pretty much played out...nevertheless, I'll really, really miss her. It's very interesting that Fred is now sort of taking that role, of a goddess/demon with a human component -- souls can't be burnt up, I think Fred will reemerge within Illyria, and we'll have another dual character, part human, part -- something else. It's the show's strength, these dual characters. And a female one is needed, not just Angel and Spike.

Angel has been cancelled...they will take a few weeks off ,and then present the final shows...I am not sure how many are left but I think it is off until April or May.
    :

I am not afraid of dying....I just don't want to be there when it happens!

I second that ...no new episodes until April 14.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast