+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 72 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 718

Thread: Harper's Island

  1. #81
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,148

    Re: Harper's Island

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3410863;
    He was walking across the bridge and fell through. He heard someone below him and asked the unseen person to help. They proceeded to stab him, he grabbed his gun and shot through the bridge (wonder if he got a hit - need to see if anyone acts wounded like maybe a flesh wound or something). The killer pretty much cut him in half so it's safe to say he's not coming back .
    Bless you, Archie. Much appreciated.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  2. #82
    Wait, what? ArchieComic Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Farm
    Posts
    4,781

    Re: Harper's Island

    Ok, I still had most of the show on tape so I re-watched to see if I could pick up more clues. I don't think Madison is psychic because in next week's previews they show the black haired girl from the bar talking to Abby and saying she's seeing Wakefield, like in visions. I don't think there would be two psychic characters on the show so the little girl is most likely talking to a real person.

    I saw Joel pick up a duffel bag but wouldn't necessarily classify it as a diver's bag. It could be but it could also just be a regular bag. Plus, the air tank was still on the cart after he took his bag.

    We also know that John Wakefield just showed up on the island 7 years ago and started killing people. I can't imagine he would do that unless he is tied to at least one resident of the island. Maybe we'll start to learn more about him each week. Surely a background check was done on him after the fact to find out where he came from, where he worked, etc.

    After watching again, Henry gives off a bit of a creepy vibe so I could see him being the killer or working with the killer. And after second viewing, I caught where the other fisherman (can't remember his name - the one who picks a fight with JD) says for someone who only came to the island for summers, Henry sure knows a lot about boats. That has to mean something. It could mean he knows how to move about the island and back and forth to the mainland with a boat, and could know how to tie someone up under a boat.

    I wonder what Abby was going to say when the bridesmaids asked her if she ever hooked up with Henry. Suddenly he appeared and she didn't answer. I think he had a crush on her but it wasn't returned. It's possible she liked JD at one time because she mentioned he had a sweet side to him. And Henry said he was afraid JD might do "something" one of these days. He could be trying to direct future blame onto JD.

    I love a show that makes you think - but not too hard like Lost does . I don't catch half the stuff other people catch when I watch that.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

  3. #83
    FORT Fogey atem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,278

    Re: Harper's Island

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3411034;
    Ok, I still had most of the show on tape so I re-watched to see if I could pick up more clues. I don't think Madison is psychic because in next week's previews they show the black haired girl from the bar talking to Abby and saying she's seeing Wakefield, like in visions. I don't think there would be two psychic characters on the show so the little girl is most likely talking to a real person.

    I saw Joel pick up a duffel bag but wouldn't necessarily classify it as a diver's bag. It could be but it could also just be a regular bag. Plus, the air tank was still on the cart after he took his bag.

    We also know that John Wakefield just showed up on the island 7 years ago and started killing people. I can't imagine he would do that unless he is tied to at least one resident of the island. Maybe we'll start to learn more about him each week. Surely a background check was done on him after the fact to find out where he came from, where he worked, etc.

    After watching again, Henry gives off a bit of a creepy vibe so I could see him being the killer or working with the killer. And after second viewing, I caught where the other fisherman (can't remember his name - the one who picks a fight with JD) says for someone who only came to the island for summers, Henry sure knows a lot about boats. That has to mean something. It could mean he knows how to move about the island and back and forth to the mainland with a boat, and could know how to tie someone up under a boat.

    I wonder what Abby was going to say when the bridesmaids asked her if she ever hooked up with Henry. Suddenly he appeared and she didn't answer. I think he had a crush on her but it wasn't returned. It's possible she liked JD at one time because she mentioned he had a sweet side to him. And Henry said he was afraid JD might do "something" one of these days. He could be trying to direct future blame onto JD.

    I love a show that makes you think - but not too hard like Lost does . I don't catch half the stuff other people catch when I watch that.
    I think Henry is into Abby, but it wasn't returned too. He follows her around way too much. I know they are best friends, it just seems like he was looking for her to admit that she has feelings for him in that one scene, but she just said she was looking to have fun. I think she did have something with JD...don't know how far it went though.

    JD is going to start something with that tattoed lady...forget her name.

  4. #84
    FORT Fogey marlap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,244

    Re: Harper's Island

    Quote Originally Posted by atem;3411085;
    I think Henry is into Abby, but it wasn't returned too. He follows her around way too much. I know they are best friends, it just seems like he was looking for her to admit that she has feelings for him in that one scene, but she just said she was looking to have fun. I think she did have something with JD...don't know how far it went though.

    JD is going to start something with that tattoed lady...forget her name.
    I think her name is Kelly. I was thinking the same thing, they'll definitely hook up.

    I agree with everyone about Henry having an unrequited thing for Abby.
    Ain't Love Grand!

  5. #85
    FORT Fogey VanJagSol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,116

    Re: Harper's Island

    Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3409842;
    I cannot form an opinion good or bad yet as only one episode has aired, but I will watch again because it has some promise. I never would have picked Harry Hamilin's character to be one of the first to go.
    I was so happy to see Harry go. Just don't care for him.

    I've always thought Christopher Gorham was cute (since Popular) and in Ugly but the way they have his hair, his ears sticking out bugs me.

    I like the show so far. Can't wait to see where it goes and how it got there.

  6. #86
    Why I rarely post... Wryle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Way Down South in Dixie
    Age
    43
    Posts
    517

    Re: Harper's Island

    Good show. I am enjoying the mystery, I hope it is surprizing but plausible. My husband says it is worth watching, if only for the continuous showing of the girls in their underwear!
    So many familiar faces:
    Henry -- Jake 2.0 (+UB)
    Chubby friend (Malcolm) -- Vincent, cafe owner from Eureka
    Hunter Jennings -- so many things, from DOOL to Charmed
    Chloe -- House, played the supermodel that turned out to have internal male genitalia
    Sheriff -- Deadwood, Supernatural
    and of course Harry Hamlin and Richard Burgi.
    The black groomsman (Danny) took me a little longer to figure out. I stared and thought until it finally hit me -- he was the Red Power Ranger on PR: SPD! (yes, I have young male children! lol)
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  7. #87
    FORT Fogey buttahfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,645

    Re: Harper's Island

    i think i'll rewatch the ep online this week after reading all this and see if i pick up on anything else.

  8. #88
    FORT Fogey Toby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,299

    Re: Harper's Island

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3411034;
    I wonder what Abby was going to say when the bridesmaids asked her if she ever hooked up with Henry. Suddenly he appeared and she didn't answer. I think he had a crush on her but it wasn't returned. It's possible she liked JD at one time because she mentioned he had a sweet side to him. And Henry said he was afraid JD might do "something" one of these days. He could be trying to direct future blame onto JD.
    OK I have been wondering this, too. Although to me, it feels like Abby had a crush on Henry but that wasn't returned. Although it said she was dating Jessie the fisherman for a longtime? We definitely need to learn more about their past relationship.

    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

  9. #89
    FORT Devotee Mike'sgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    5,163

    Re: Harper's Island

    Quote Originally Posted by Toby;3412046;
    OK I have been wondering this, too. Although to me, it feels like Abby had a crush on Henry but that wasn't returned. Although it said she was dating Jessie the fisherman for a longtime? We definitely need to learn more about their past relationship.
    I think the character name of Abby's old flame fisherman is Jimmy Mance and Shane Pierce was the name of his angry dude friend. Is that the guy your referring to or was there another?

    I thought that best friend Henry may have crushed on Abby a long time ago, but that she was already in love with Jimmy........
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

  10. #90
    Who is John Galt?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    983

    Re: Harper's Island

    I think the little girl is a sociopath. Wasn't she torturing the snail? She is very odd and kind of creepy. Unlike some previous posters, I like Harry Hamlin, but his character was bound to be bumped off - but cut in half! --Ewwww! I like this show, it is well done and intriguing. It, however, did not get good reviews from critics who thought it was cheesy. I disagree.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.