+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Harper's Island

Re: Harper's Island

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle_Juice;3410312;
    I thought I read the same thing! What I read made it appear that her mom was involved in the killings. I finally had a chance to re-watch (praise God for DVRs, people!) and this is what the headline said: "Wakefied Murders Sheriff's Wife on Rampage".
    Wow! I didn't catch that.
    Ain't Love Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;3410252;
    I actually think the killer must be telling the little girl to tear up nametags...

She tore up cousin Ben's and nobody even knows he's dead yet, so she couldn't be doing that on her own.
    I thought she got rid of the nametag so she could steal the giftbag. Seems like something a bratty little kid would do: oh look, a bag of presents, I'll get rid of this nametag and now it's mine! (Reminds me of kids switching nametags on Christmas presents because they want the bigger box meant for a sibling, and in their minds nobody will ever know.)

It looked like a symbolic scene to me, she's a creepy little kid and she tore up the name of the first guy who was murdered.

I'm hooked! I finally had a chance to watch this and unless it jumps the shark, I'll keep watching.

Some thoughts...

The little girl was just plain creepy. Either she's getting info from some spirit world/afterlife or the murderer. In the previews for next week, she can be heard saying something about people continuing to die "one by one." If not for the fact that she couldn't put Ben under the boat, I might suspect her as the murderer.

Love Richard Burgi in the role of Thomas Wellington. It's a perfect role for him. I'm disappointed Uncle Marty was killed so soon. It would have been great to see more conflict between those two. It makes me wonder if Mr. Wellington is somehow involved in the murder but probably not. That's too easy.

Wonder what JD's story is. If his family worked summers on the island, is it possible he was somehow involved with Wakefield...not in the killings but say he saw or heard something? That would explain his emotional problems/suicide attempts.

Funny, I didn't even pay attention to the cab driver with the eye patch. I just figured his questioning Abby was done to give us her backstory. I'll have to rewatch.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I’m hooked too! I had to print out a list of characters along with their photo and watch the show a second time. There were too many characters for me to fully grasp the first time watching it.

Madison is one creepy little girl. I couldn’t believe her father slept through all the talking with her and her mother when she came into their bedroom.

There was something odd with the scene when Chloe ran away from Cal after their fight in the water. She ran off leaving him in the water crying over the lost ring and then we see her crossing the bridge with her dress on and carrying some kind of towel or scarf. We never did see her actually put her dress back on. Also, was that the same bridge Uncle Marty fell through? Strange.

Another scene that was odd was with Henry and Abby in front of the fireplace after the bar fight with JD and Shane. How did Henry know that Abby hit Shane with a pool cue to try and break up the fight? JD and Henry (brothers) are on the outs with each other and not talking. Was Henry at the Cannery too? Then Henry asks her who she was playing pool with and she gives him a weird look.

So far we have one dead from the bride's side (Ben Wellington) and one dead from the groom's side (Uncle Marty Dunn). I’m keeping an eye on Henry and Henry's best man, Christopher Sullivan.

Everone has great insights!

Another thing I noticed when I rewatched last night to search for clues:

On their way to their room, Chloe asks Cal:

"Was it you who taught (little flower girl) that finger in the box trick?"

Cal lightheartedly replies: "Oh, I might've had something to do with it."

Is Cal the little girl's "new friend"? I still think the "new friend" is telling her to tear up name tags...it fits perfectly with the series paying homage to Agatha Christie's Ten Little Indians, where a figurine is found broken after each murder. It's too much of a coincidence that the only name tag she tears up that episode is for someone already murdered and nobody even know about it yet.

Also, after Chloe plays the trick on Cal in the water, as he's dunking her his face turns very menacing. She even says "You could have killed me!"
    Ain't Love Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;3410447;
    Also, after Chloe plays the trick on Cal in the water, as he's dunking her his face turns very menacing. She even says "You could have killed me!"
    That part was surprising. It seemed uncharacteristic of him after the way he'd been doting on her and following her around like a little puppy dog.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3410487;
    That part was surprising. It seemed uncharacteristic of him after the way he'd been doting on her and following her around like a little puppy dog.
    The character description of him says the following:
    ...As he waits for the right moment to pop the question, things keep getting in the way and at times the frustration causes his "nice guy" demeanor to fall away and reveal something darker.
    Wonder what JD's story is. If his family worked summers on the island, is it possible he was somehow involved with Wakefield...not in the killings but say he saw or heard something? That would explain his emotional problems/suicide attempts.

So am I! He's Mr Mysterious. I wonder if someone who is part of the wedding is the one who broke his heart? I wonder what his tatoos mean!

Another thing I thought of....on the CBS Web site, there is a preview of the show with some cast interviews. A couple of things said are that it is like a classic Agatha Christie style mysetery and another thing said is that we should "look for characters returning in different incarnations" ....it was something like that.

In Christie's Ten Little Indians, the killer fakes their own death halfway through the story and then is sneaking about still killing when everyone thinks he is one of the dead victims. He actually enlists one of the future victims (who really thinks they are working together trying to trap the killer) to help him.

So, depending on how people are killed, I will still look at some of the victims as potentially being the killer having faked their own death. Obviously, this scenario cuts out Harry Hamlin and Cousin Ben.

But future murders by poison, gun, etc...I will still keep them on my radar.
    Last edited by marlap; 04-11-2009 at 12:56 PM.
    Ain't Love Grand!

How did Harry Hamlin get killed? I walked away from the screen for a second and when I got back, he seemed to be going under. How?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3410856;
    How did Harry Hamlin get killed? I walked away from the screen for a second and when I got back, he seemed to be going under. How?
    He was walking across the bridge and fell through. He heard someone below him and asked the unseen person to help. They proceeded to stab him, he grabbed his gun and shot through the bridge (wonder if he got a hit - need to see if anyone acts wounded like maybe a flesh wound or something). The killer pretty much cut him in half so it's safe to say he's not coming back .
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread