+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Harper's Island

Re: Harper's Island

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3409559;
    I'm so ANNOYED!!!! I wanted to see this first episode so bad but we are having wildfires in NE OKC (I live in NW OKC which is about 40 miles away and the fires are not going to go this direction. PHEW!) and don't get me wrong, I am horrified and feel awful for the people who are losing their homes. The thing is that we have just had non stop news coverage on the wildfires all night. On the ticker at the bottom of the screen they are saying that they are reairing Survivor and CSI but there is no mention of Harper's Island. I'll have to try to watch it online but the cbs.com player rarely works for me
    I called my local CBS station and that said they area going to reair it tomorrow night. PHEW! I just turned on the news for the first time today and it looks like the wildfires are still going on. I can't see which direction they are at this point but they're admonishing people about throwing cigarette butts out the window. I'll record it in case I can't get the CBS player to work. When I try to watch HIMYM it always comes out choppy.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

It scared me enough to give me nightmares so it's a keeper,lol.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3409917;
    It scared me enough to give me nightmares so it's a keeper,lol.
    Haha me too!

I was sorry to see they killed off Harry Hamlin. He was just about the only recognizable character in the show. I don't care for the main character, Abby, at all. Something about her is just off putting to me.
    I like mysteries, so I will probably watch again, but I found this pretty boring and not frightening in the least. Hopefully, it will get better.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Hunter showing up due to the bride's father calling him makes me cringe. The groom now knows about the fact he's calling her but I don't think he knows he is actually on the island. It's weird how Harry's character died right after he learned the bride's dad knew about the ex.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Well, only 12 more weeks till we know who the murderer is...... I have pegged someone unsuspecting such as Jimmy Mance (Abby's old flame) or his bud Shane Pierce (who seems volatile). Both were connected with the boat before it sailed to the island and could have offed cousin Ben. Flower girl Madison might be talking to the ghost of someone that already died in the first slayings...... maybe John Wakefield was innocent?

Yeah, I will be sticking around for a while at least. I'm intrigued.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3409842;
    I cannot form an opinion good or bad yet as only one episode has aired, but I will watch again because it has some promise. I never would have picked Harry Hamilin's character to be one of the first to go.
    Well, technically, he was the second to die. First was Cousin Ben. But I wasn't surprised. In the credits at the begginning he was only listed as a guest star, so I figured he'd be one of the first to die anyways.

Other then Harry Hamlin, the only two other actors I actually recognized were Jim Beaver (the Sheriff/Abby's Dad) and Chris Gauthier (the chubby friend of the groom who helped bring the beer at the begginning), so I'm thinking one of them is the killer. Or, hopefully, that they last a while.

Weird that Abby's dad stayed on the island after his wife was murdered. It brings more questions now about him.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Just noticed something, upon watching it again..... the nerdy guy, Joel, pulled a divers bag off the luggage cart!! Clue, anyone? I'm starting to think HE might be the killer now, heh.

I'm very interested in the cab driver with the eye patch.

I predict he is either the old killer (and there is another new one now), the killer period (because there is only one killer, not an old and a new one), or with law enforcement, FBI, etc. there to track the killer because they've somehow figured out he didn't really die all those years ago.

I predict Harry Hamlin's money and gun will end up helping one of the victims escape toward the end of the series.

I also am wondering about the wedding planner who greeted them as they all arrived. Could she be the creepy little girl's "new friend" telling her to rip up the nametags? Maybe she loved the killer years ago and felt he was innocent and is vowing to avenge him.

Just throwing stuff out there. I love this kinda stuff!

Also, when Abbe was going to thhe bar to find JD, it showed the killer watching her walk across the parking lot. That means it has to be someone who was in earshot of hearing her tell the groom she'd go look for JD.
    Ain't Love Grand!

+ Reply to Thread