+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Harper's Island

Re: Harper's Island

As far as the quiz, I'm Abby. As far as Malcolm, do we really know that he's definitely dead? They didn't show faces during the fight at the incinerator so we don't know who was attacking who and when they found the skull in the furnace....well...that's self-explanatory. It's a skull so we don't really know who it really is. It could be anyone. I think that Malcolm is still alive. My gut has been suspecting Malcolm for a while now.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3519625;
    OK, Wakefield wrote that he had a kid w/ Abby's mother. So, I don't think Abby's mother could have had Abby & another kid that is close to her age. Henry is right around her age, right? unless Abby's not her mother's birth daughter, but that's pushing it.
    We don't actually know when Abby's mother had a child with Wakefield. She was involved with him and the sheriff said she came to the island to get away from him. My guess is she had the child sometime before coming to the island. Once there, she met and married the sheriff. So there could be a couple years or so between the two children.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Actually, (and I could be wrong) but I don't remember that the journal specifically said he had a child with Abby's mom (although I think he might be Abby's natural father) the journal said something like "she had my child". We all assumed that "she" to be Abby's mom he was referring to, and even if that is correct - nothing to prevent him from having a child with someone else. Henry, if he is the killer - could have been mentored by Wakefield without being his son.

ETA: Just checked out CBS wiki and you are correct in that his prison diary does say "Sarah had my child" but if you read the journal - the guy is wacko!! He is so crazy, I have to say he could have imagined it. But, it is OK with me - maybe he won't kill Abby because he thinks it.
    Last edited by Mike'sgirl; 06-23-2009 at 05:19 PM.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Who is John Galt?

Since Jimmy is my favorite character, I am hoping he isn't the killer . . but, the previews make it look like he is.

I am Cal, according to the quiz. I do think it is possible for Wakefield to be imagining her having his child , because the guy isn't playing with a full deck. I am more thinking it was Henry, working with Wakefield. Wakefield could easily be a good enough shot so he wouldn't hit Henry, but make him look like he was another victim, thus getting suspcion off of him. Henry would probably know the island good enough to know about the passageway and the layout of the woods to booby trap it. I also think his wounds when JD was found were more consistent with a struggle, not him trying to save JD. I think it is possible JD figured something out that Henry wasn't ready to be revealed just yet. Also, since the beginning, I have always thought there was something "off" about Henry. It also was Henry that convinced them to stay on the island to look for Madison. Another scenario floating around is either Malcolm or Booth could be alive, but another part of me doesn't think either has it in him or is smart enough to pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3520288;
    Since Jimmy is my favorite character, I am hoping he isn't the killer . . but, the previews make it look like he is.
    I hope not either. I am thinking he probably had a charge for petty theft or DUI or a bar fight or something. I doubt they would reveal it off the bat.

I am Cal how crazy is that!

For those of you still hoping that Booth is alive - I have word from the producer Karim Zreik that Booth is indeed dead. Well, he didn't tell me that personally - I read his blog that he writes for television without pity entitled "Notes of an Assassin" where he refers to himself as the assassin because before each episode is filmed he takes the character(s) that will bite it aside and informs them of their soon to be death. He also includes other interesting tidbits - very enjoyable read. Anyway, he pens "Performing my assassin duties for Episode 4 was going to be excruciating. Sean Rogerson ("Booth") had become one of those aforementioned family members to me." "Fortunately, Sean took the news of his demise pretty well. A little sad that his character, Booth, couldn't have lasted a little longer on the show, but he was eager, as they all are, to know how we planned on killing him off. How does the killer or killers get him? Well, they don't. The words, "You're going to accidentally shoot yourself," escaped my lips. He loved it. Not only did he love it, but Sean proceeded to deliver one of the most emotional deaths scenes of the series."

Also, Lucy is dead as is everyone else that we've watched bite it - so the killer is not among them. In his first blog on the show he mentions "Twenty-five suspects, but only one killer among them. It's scary, gory, funny, soapy, dramatic, character-driven and action-packed."

Please, please don't let it be Jimmy! I want an Abby/Jimmy move on with their lives ending. (I would also enjoy a Cal/Chloe ending ut am doubting that will happen.)
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Interesting, Mike'sgirl. All I can say is please don't let it be Jimmy. I want the happy ending for them too.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;3520307;
    I am Cal, according to the quiz. I do think it is possible for Wakefield to be imagining her having his child , because the guy isn't playing with a full deck. I am more thinking it was Henry, working with Wakefield. Wakefield could easily be a good enough shot so he wouldn't hit Henry, but make him look like he was another victim, thus getting suspicion off of him. Henry would probably know the island good enough to know about the passageway and the layout of the woods to booby trap it. I also think his wounds when JD was found were more consistent with a struggle, not him trying to save JD. I think it is possible JD figured something out that Henry wasn't ready to be revealed just yet. Also, since the beginning, I have always thought there was something "off" about Henry. It also was Henry that convinced them to stay on the island to look for Madison. Another scenario floating around is either Malcolm or Booth could be alive, but another part of me doesn't think either has it in him or is smart enough to pull it off.
    Ahh another Cal no wonder we agree!

About convincing people to stay and search. As he turned away from the boat, Henry has the slight smile that I can only describe as "Gotcha". Again, as we get an inside view of the sniper fire we see the sniper pause, as if to get Henry in just the right spot. Also, after digging up Wakefield's fake grave, Abby and her dad are having a special moment while Henry is filling the dirt back in and Henry pauses to listen in to the discussion around Wakefield. His reaction to several of the deaths have been rather stoic.

I completely agree, something is just "off" with Henry (red herring? ).

I guess Shane is possible, but many of the murders could be Henry revenge motivation more then Shane.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Fogey

Spoilers for the next episode from a producer's twitter (link):

Click to see Spoiler:
    4 deaths this week. actually, 5 deaths, but we show you 4. one of the most emotional death scenes you'll see on network tv...the most emotional death is on screen. final 6 minutes of the show. brace yourself. it's goooooood.

Booth is dead. Done. Kaput. Gone. Bye-Bye. No fakeys. And the main killer is one of the main 25.

+ Reply to Thread