+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Harper's Island

Re: Harper's Island

i'm gonna take a pass on future eps.

pretty lame, imo

I'm a big mystery buff and I'm in for the long haul.

I like Abbe the main character and am a sucker for a good whonunnit. The killer is obviously someone close enough to everyone at the wedding party to have little chats with the flower girl. Very creepy...

Killer obviously told flower girl to take dead cousin Ben's gift bag and tear his name off it.

In Agatha Christie's Ten Little Indians, there were figurines in the middle of the dinner table and every time another guest was murdered, one of the figurines was later found broken.

I think the gift bag name tags are like the figurines. I'm guessing each time someone is murdered, their gift bag name tag will be torn up.

So far, I'm digging the show.
    Ain't Love Grand!

I liked it myself but I like the whodunit type murder mystery series. I like all the little subplots already showing up. Although that is the downside of only having 13 episodes, the side plots end up being rushed and not fleshed out very well, i.e. lots of possible story lines gone with the 2nd death. I guess that's the point. Hopefully, this doesn't get yanked before the ending.

Quote Originally Posted by liz_momof2;3409632;
    I liked it myself but I like the whodunit type murder mystery series. I like all the little subplots already showing up. Although that is the downside of only having 13 episodes, the side plots end up being rushed and not fleshed out very well, i.e. lots of possible story lines gone with the 2nd death. I guess that's the point. Hopefully, this doesn't get yanked before the ending.
    at this point I am just hoping we get all 13 episodes..the way the networks have been the last couple of years if they don't get 10 million viewers they cancel and you get left hanging and don't get the rest of your show...one day I hope they realize that with the way tv is now with all the extra channels on tv that people have to choose from that ratings like that don't happen very often...I am interested in this show but its like with all new shows I am almost scared to invest in it
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3409636;
    at this point I am just hoping we get all 13 episodes..the way the networks have been the last couple of years if they don't get 10 million viewers they cancel and you get left hanging and don't get the rest of your show...one day I hope they realize that with the way tv is now with all the extra channels on tv that people have to choose from that ratings like that don't happen very often...I am interested in this show but its like with all new shows I am almost scared to invest in it
    I know, that's how I am feeling about most of the new shows right now. I really enjoy Dollhouse, Castle, and a few others but it's so hard to get invested in a show when you worry it's going to be yanked. I have had that happen almost every year for the past several years and by now I am so cynical that I don't even expect a show to do well no matter the creator, director, or cast.

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3409559;
    I'm so ANNOYED!!!! I wanted to see this first episode so bad I'll have to try to watch it online but the cbs.com player rarely works for me

I was able to watch the whole episode on the website and I usually have problems as well, good luck.

Im playing, pick the victim on the website and I did not pick the correct one. Dang it! Its always hard when you dont know who is who.

I will continue watching it, I want to know who it is, anybody have any guesses?

Quote Originally Posted by tousselchick;3409666;
    I was able to watch the whole episode on the website and I usually have problems as well, good luck.

Im playing, pick the victim on the website and I did not pick the correct one. Dang it! Its always hard when you dont know who is who.

I will continue watching it, I want to know who it is, anybody have any guesses?
    I'm thinking it's someone in the flowergirl's family or one of their party. The killer is telling the little girl to tear up the name cards.

On the other hand, she says something in one of the previews about her "new" friend. So, now that I think about it, it must be someone on the groom's side or someone who works in the hotel.
    Ain't Love Grand!

I don't know if it can be someone who works in the hotel since the dead cousin died before they even got to the island. It was a little all over the place but I will continue to watch just to see what happens.
    Yup, with donuts!!

i liked it so far too.

i guess i shouldn't 'get too attached to any of the characters tho . . . . i thought cousin marty was cool, and then they chopped half of him off!

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;3409631;
    I'm a big mystery buff and I'm in for the long haul.

I like Abbe the main character and am a sucker for a good whonunnit. The killer is obviously someone close enough to everyone at the wedding party to have little chats with the flower girl. Very creepy...

Killer obviously told flower girl to take dead cousin Ben's gift bag and tear his name off it.

In Agatha Christie's Ten Little Indians, there were figurines in the middle of the dinner table and every time another guest was murdered, one of the figurines was later found broken.

I think the gift bag name tags are like the figurines. I'm guessing each time someone is murdered, their gift bag name tag will be torn up.

So far, I'm digging the show.

FORT Fogey

I cannot form an opinion good or bad yet as only one episode has aired, but I will watch again because it has some promise. I never would have picked Harry Hamilin's character to be one of the first to go.

+ Reply to Thread