+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Harper's Island

Re: Harper's Island

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3385275;
    We are looking forward to this ... I hope they don't take a great idea and muddy it up. Soooo, it's not "10 Little Indians"?? They've turned it into some kind of reality show? I will be watching the first episode and I hope they don't mess it up.
    No, it is not a reality show, it is a series sort of 10 Little Indians with classic Horror show mixed in.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

This is definitely worth a looksie: Harpers Globe

It is the website for the town's newspaper. They've done an awesome job updating it regularly, right now the main feature is backstory on one of the characters. I love when shows weave in websites and extras, I can tell this is going to be very well done!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

What I didn't realize is that this show is a limited run series, it is just 13 weeks start to finish. We will watch someone die each week until the series finale where the case will be solved. Now, I don't like horror; but, I may have to watch the first one just to see how it all plays out.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I think it's going to be fun. Someone is going to die each week and we will keep getting clues as to the murderer.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Newbie

When I first heard about this and saw the commercials all I could think of was Fox's show from 9-10 years ago "Murder in Small Town X". It sounds just the same except this isn't a reality show. I don't think Fox did it again because the winner of the first show was a fire fighter that died in one of the towers on 9/11. I liked the show and wish they had brought it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3388605;
    What I didn't realize is that this show is a limited run series, it is just 13 weeks start to finish. We will watch someone die each week until the series finale where the case will be solved. Now, I don't like horror; but, I may have to watch the first one just to see how it all plays out.
    I love that the it's limited run. Don't get me wrong, I love shows like Lost, but sometimes I feel like they are just flying by the seat of their pants. This show is going to be unique because we'll have a definite beginning, middle, and end - all of which is going to be resolved in the finale.

Benjamin Franklin.

We used to have a friend who owned a hotel and every weekend they would host a murder mystery themed weekend. Each guest had a part and you had to figure out who the killer was. It was so much fun but a little expensive. I'll be watching this for sure because I do enjoy a good mystery.
    Yup, with donuts!!

JR.

Quote Originally Posted by Umass98;3388813;
    When I first heard about this and saw the commercials all I could think of was Fox's show from 9-10 years ago "Murder in Small Town X". It sounds just the same except this isn't a reality show.
    I thought the same thing. The first few commercials were a bit vague, and I didn't think it was a drama. I was a bit disappointed, but I'll give it a shot.

Toby thanks for posting the link I've really been looking forward to this, and now I'm even more excited. I think this should be really good. However, if they do like they did with Reunion, and don't let it run the full 13 weeks - regardless of ratings - I may end up going on my own murderous rampage...network execs, watch out
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I was just checking out the cast - very strong showing!

"Harper's Island" (2009) - Full cast and crew

I'm looking forward to seeing Harry Hamlin. I loved him on DWTS! (And of course, LA Law, classic). Plus "Uncle Marty" sounds like it could be a very fun character...

Benjamin Franklin.

+ Reply to Thread