+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 72 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast

Thread: Harper's Island

Re: Harper's Island

I dont find it too gory, yes there is some but I have seen worse.

I want to say Shane is the murderer but I think thats what they want us to think since he is such a jerk! I also think its a guy but I dont know who.

Conversation between husband and me:

Me: "I can't wait for him (Shane) to die."
    Husband: "Unless he is the murderer..."
    Me: "Nah, he is too much of a jerk to be the murderer."

I think (hope) that the murderer will be someone we didn't expect. Well, that the general public wouldn't expect -- FORTers are way too smart to be fooled. Also, these murders would make more sense carried out by someone with a deep, hidden, psychotic anger; not an overt jerk.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Quote Originally Posted by Wryle;3418884;
    Conversation between husband and me:

Me: "I can't wait for him (Shane) to die."
    Husband: "Unless he is the murderer..."
    Me: "Nah, he is too much of a jerk to be the murderer."

I think (hope) that the murderer will be someone we didn't expect. Well, that the general public wouldn't expect -- FORTers are way too smart to be fooled. Also, these murders would make more sense carried out by someone with a deep, hidden, psychotic anger; not an overt jerk.
    Someone associated with the island, perhaps a character we haven't seen much of so far? I also think it is a male, and strong enough to haul a deer on to a truck windshield. (or was that just one of those suspend disbelief things?)
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I really am enjoying this program and the challenge of trying to figure out who the murderer is among the folks we've seen so far. One thing that I keep thinking of is that perhaps it needs to be someone the little girl is familiar with already. She doesn't seem to be the type of little girl to just cozy up to just any body! At first I thought maybe Hunter - is that the ex-boyfriend's name? But we don't really have much backstory on him yet. And he doesn't really have anything to do with Abby and the other Island people. I agree it needs to be someone strong to have carried out the deer on the car, and the killings to date, so most likely a very fit male. I wish Uncle Marty hadn't been "offed" so soon!

I haven't checked out Harper's Globe. Does that site add more information to the program? More character information? TIA!

I'm wondering about a potential red herring.

Remember that deer's head in the tub that Henry found? Remember just before that we see JD washing blood off his hands in the sink in his room?

Do y'all think JD put the deer's head in the tub to mess with the mean locals (especially Shane!)?

I'm kind of thinking that the killer (not JD) killed the deer and wrote PSYCHO. Then Shane and Jimmy took it off of the hood and put the carcass in the bed of the truck and drove back.

Later... JD saw the dead deer in the back of the truck, took the head and put it in the tub to mess with Shane...

But they want us to think one person did both....that JD is the killer when it's really just a red herring...

In the previews at the end of last week's show, they show JD being hit by the truck (at some point, maybe weeks from now). Maybe that is just Shane getting even for the deer's head and not the killer either...
    Ain't Love Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3417696;
    Count me in, too. I've tried it twice now and I really can't get into it though I love whodunits. Maybe it's too much hack and slash, maybe it uninteresting characters, but Agatha Christie did this story so much better in my opinion.
    I think AC did it much better, too.
    I don't really mind the hack and slash, so I think it may be the plot and the characters, in general. I'm just not finding much suspense or engaging characters.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Omigosh...I just read that Trish the fiance is David Cassidy's (Partridge Family) real life daughter.
    Ain't Love Grand!

Good points Marlap!! I almost need to record and watch this show a couple times to really pick up everything!!

Didn't realize that Trisha was David Cassidy's daughter! I had the biggest crush on him during Partridge Family days!! Now I feel old!

I did consider JD could be the one who put the deer head in the bathtub to make Shane look bad. Hence, the smirk on his face when Henry punched Shane. But I never thought about the killer putting the deer on the truck...interesting theory.

Something I was thinking about...at the time the chick was burned in the pit(can't remember her name but I know her dog is Gigi ), Cal, Chloe, Abby, and who else-a groomsman or two(?) were off searching for Cal. So we can cross them off the list of potential killers, right?

Also...at the time the priest was killed, weren't the others all back at the inn getting ready for the scavenger hunt? And btw, what's the name of the inn? Is that what was on the book of matches the killer used to send dog girl up in flames?
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I assumed that JD was the one that put the dear up on the truck and wrote "PSYCHO" because I thought the scene of him washing his hands while Henry was knocking on the door was right after that scene. Of course, that could be too easy.

I also assumed the dear on the truck scene had absolutely nothing to do with the murders. That's the scene I thought was the red herring.

+ Reply to Thread