+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast

Thread: Harper's Island

Re: Harper's Island

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3417135;
    They keep making it seem as though it is JD but that's too easy. I think it may be Henry but the question is why. I was also thinking Abby's ex boyfriend because he wants her to stay on the island and live life with him so.
    I don't think it is JD either, and am suspecting Henry and Abby's ex as well.

I am wondering whether Wakefield really committed the original murders, or he was blamed for them. Did the real killer set up Wakefield, or is he a copy cat?

I think the murderer is male, and that the final murder attempt will be on Abby who will solve the crime.

Good show!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I have one problem with Kelly killing herself: She was so excited that Abby had asked her to come back with her to LA and live with her until she found her own place. She was finally going to get off the island. I agree it must have been the killer but he/she didn't take the time to get rid of the body. This was a clear message to whomever they truly want dead.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3417137;
    Mystery is my absolute favorite, but really found it difficult to watch last night's episode. I don't know if it's the really bad acting and lack of any feeling for any of the chracters. But, I am finding it difficult to muddle through this.
    Anyone else having same problem?
    I am too..glad to know I am not the only one having the same problem..I love to read and will read just about anything but every once in a while I pick up a book and have to read the 1st chapter 3 or 4 times because I think I am missing the point or I just don't connect with the characters I finally put the book down because I just dont' get it or I don't connect thats how i feel about this show
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3417214;
    I have one problem with Kelly killing herself: She was so excited that Abby had asked her to come back with her to LA and live with her until she found her own place. She was finally going to get off the island. I agree it must have been the killer but he/she didn't take the time to get rid of the body. This was a clear message to whomever they truly want dead.
    I agree, and in re-watching the episode just now I think her death was intentional. Are they trying to set up JD as the murderer, someone like Shane or is it someone we don't suspect at all?

Right now most of the victims have been people associated with the island's past. Not sure whether Lucy only knows Trish from college, or if she has been an islander in past, but someone is a sicko with deep rooted anger.

I really kept expecting Cal to get it.......... and really thought he was a goner when Cloe found him (glad to know he made it through one more episode at least).
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

It seems weird that he didn't get off'd while hanging.... he just hung there until they found him. Maybe they don't want to off anyone who isn't directly associated with the island?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3417233;
    I am too..glad to know I am not the only one having the same problem..I love to read and will read just about anything but every once in a while I pick up a book and have to read the 1st chapter 3 or 4 times because I think I am missing the point or I just don't connect with the characters I finally put the book down because I just dont' get it or I don't connect thats how i feel about this show
    Well, thanks for letting me know that I'm not alone.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;3409631;
    I'm a big mystery buff and I'm in for the long haul.

I like Abbe the main character and am a sucker for a good whonunnit. The killer is obviously someone close enough to everyone at the wedding party to have little chats with the flower girl. Very creepy...

Killer obviously told flower girl to take dead cousin Ben's gift bag and tear his name off it.

In Agatha Christie's Ten Little Indians, there were figurines in the middle of the dinner table and every time another guest was murdered, one of the figurines was later found broken.

I think the gift bag name tags are like the figurines. I'm guessing each time someone is murdered, their gift bag name tag will be torn up.

So far, I'm digging the show.
    Sorry this is so long but I have a few thoughts...

A couple of years ago my friend had actually let me borrow her Agatha Christie book "And Then There Were None" which I believe is the same as "Ten Little Indians" that you're referring to. I actually only got through one chapter of the book because there was some anti-sematic comments and it made me mad so I gave it back to my friend and told her off for telling me to read a racist book Apparently she didn't notice. Or maybe I was just being hyper-sensitive about it and saw anti-sematism where there wasn't any I'm not Jewish though But recently I was at Wal-Mart looking to see what Nancy Drew games they have (I have ALL the newer ones but I don't have some of the older ones yet) and the Agatha Christie Double Murder Pack which included "And Then There Were None" and "Murder on the Orient Express" caught my eye. I went ahead and bought it and I've only played ATTWN so far and I LOVED it! I thought it was the judge until he was killed and was surprised that it ended up being the knitting lady/actress. And then I was pleased to find out that I was actually correct since in the book it WAS the judge apparently. This show does definitely have parrallels to ATTWN to it. I agree that the gift bag names could be representative of the "10 Little Sailor Boys" from ATTWN.

I have noticed that there are quite a few actors in this show who I've seen in other things and loved them but not necessarily knew their names. I know Christopher Gorham of course from Ugly Betty (my favorite show!) and Harry Hamlin because he's married to Lisa Rinna (the original Billie Reed on Days). I was also pleased to see the funny Brittish guy from "Date Movie" and "Epic Movie". Also the guy that brought the beer in the beginning with the dreads is the guy that plays Toby in "She's the Man". I love that guy. He totally cracks me up in that movie. "Screw you guys! I hate high school!" I didn't realize that he was also a Power Ranger but do now thanks to Wryle in post 86 Anyway, the last 2 are the ones that totally brought a smile to my face when I saw them

Also, I for one, do not think that Wakefield is really dead. Or, it could be like in the Scream movies where the real killer (who shows up in the 3rd movie-Scott Foley) was actually manipulating the original killer all along. So there may actually be more than one or even more than 2 killers. I always thought that Wes Craven was rather brilliant with that particular plot point. I think that Abby is very similar to the Sidney character in Scream as well.

BTW: I thought the little girl said something about spirits talking to her so she may be psychic. That other girl probably is seeing Wakefield for real and is not psychic at all.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3417309;
    It seems weird that he didn't get off'd while hanging.... he just hung there until they found him. Maybe they don't want to off anyone who isn't directly associated with the island?
    That's what I'm thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3417214;
    I agree, I don't think Kelly killed herself. It's one of the murders...

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3417391;
    Sorry this is so long but I have a few thoughts...

A couple of years ago my friend had actually let me borrow her Agatha Christie book "And Then There Were None" which I believe is the same as "Ten Little Indians" that you're referring to. I actually only got through one chapter of the book because there was some anti-sematic comments and it made me mad so I gave it back to my friend and told her off for telling me to read a racist book Apparently she didn't notice. Or maybe I was just being hyper-sensitive about it and saw anti-sematism where there wasn't any I'm not Jewish though But recently I was at Wal-Mart looking to see what Nancy Drew games they have (I have ALL the newer ones but I don't have some of the older ones yet) and the Agatha Christie Double Murder Pack which included "And Then There Were None" and "Murder on the Orient Express" caught my eye. I went ahead and bought it and I've only played ATTWN so far and I LOVED it! I thought it was the judge until he was killed and was surprised that it ended up being the knitting lady/actress. And then I was pleased to find out that I was actually correct since in the book it WAS the judge apparently. This show does definitely have parrallels to ATTWN to it. I agree that the gift bag names could be representative of the "10 Little Sailor Boys" from ATTWN.

Also, I for one, do not think that Wakefield is really dead. Or, it could be like in the Scream movies where the real killer (who shows up in the 3rd movie-Scott Foley) was actually manipulating the original killer all along. So there may actually be more than one or even more than 2 killers. I always thought that Wes Craven was rather brilliant with that particular plot point. I think that Abby is very similar to the Sidney character in Scream as well.

BTW: I thought the little girl said something about spirits talking to her so she may be psychic. That other girl probably is seeing Wakefield for real and is not psychic at all.
    Great points!

And, Yes, it was the judge in the book and he fakes his own death, then runs about behind the scenes still killing.
    Last edited by marlap; 04-17-2009 at 11:58 PM.
    Ain't Love Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3417338;
    Well, thanks for letting me know that I'm not alone.
    Count me in, too. I've tried it twice now and I really can't get into it though I love whodunits. Maybe it's too much hack and slash, maybe it uninteresting characters, but Agatha Christie did this story so much better in my opinion.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3417696;
    Count me in, too. I've tried it twice now and I really can't get into it though I love whodunits. Maybe it's too much hack and slash, maybe it uninteresting characters, but Agatha Christie did this story so much better in my opinion.
    My Mom felt the same way. She loves this kind of stuff but she doesn't like to SEE the gore and so she only watched some of the 1st episode and changed the channel. I myself was a bit surprised at the violence. It seems a bit too much for primetime but I love it anyway. I love the Scream movies you know
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

+ Reply to Thread