+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: Harper's Island

Re: Harper's Island

Thanks Buttahfly...I guess I'll be playing catch up this weekend
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3417069;
    i think it's trish . . . . and her motivation can be that henry is in love w abby.
    OOOOOOOOOO, I like that train of thought!
    Ain't Love Grand!

My problem with any of the women being the killer is the way that Uncle Marty died. Without getting too gruesome, I have helped butcher livestock before and it takes a lot of muscle/upper body strength to cut through a body. Also, I think the killer would have had to lift up the scythe to hack through the body, which takes even more strength. I just don't see any of the women on the show (with the exception of the wedding planner MAYBE) having the strength to do it based on the physicality required for the bridge death.

Clearly whomever is killing has first hand knowledge of the forrest. They set up traps and have many tools that can slice very well. It could be a woman only because of the fact that the people are taken by surprise and the sharpness of the tools.
    Yup, with donuts!!

If you have Comcast, you can catch the episodes On Demand.

If the last killing of last night's episode was in concurrent time with Cal being rescued from the tree, then we can cross him and all of the people who went to help him off the list.

So far I don't see any of the victims as being a fake death (meaning they could be the killer but everyone presumes they are a victim). The exception could be Cousin Ben if the person under the boat isn't him. Ben could have planted his cell phone on someone else's body. The list of victims so far:

Cousin Ben - not certain yet if it's him but if it is, definitely dead due to decapitation
    Uncle Marty - decidedly dead the way he was hacked up
    Kelly - death by hanging with witnesses to her body (unless the Sheriff is in on her "death" which I doubt but he could still be the killer on his own and so could Kelly's BFF - the one who found her)
    Preacher - he heard the sounds of the knife in his hearing aid and we saw the blade coming at him so I think he's really dead
    Girl in pit (can't remember her name) - death by torching so it's not a fake death

Did I leave anyone out?

I can't wait to see Shane get his since he's such a jerk (I wouldn't wish death on the real-life jerks I know, just the tv ones ) but then again he could be the killer.

Hunter gave off a creepy vibe.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3417137;
    Mystery is my absolute favorite, but really found it difficult to watch last night's episode. I don't know if it's the really bad acting and lack of any feeling for any of the chracters. But, I am finding it difficult to muddle through this.
    Anyone else having same problem?
    No, but I hope that doesn't happen to me. None of the characters are particualrly endearing.

I like the Trish theory....that she's doing it because Henry is love with Abby. But....I can't see her screwing up her own wedding so that doesn't work for me. I still need to see more before I can name a suspect.

What's the deal with these Harper's Globe videos?
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;3416890;
    I'm thinking the wedding planner lady too...and also Cal.

I think it'll be Cal, wedding planner, or Henry...
    It can't be Cal. He was left hanging when Kelly was killed, remember?

Another thought...the killer went to the trouble to fake a note from Uncle Marty. Why is that? Why not let his body be discovered?

I thought about that too.... Kelly's body was found fairly simply. Could her murder be from a different person?
    Yup, with donuts!!

There's also the possibility that Kelly's death was a suicide and not at all related. Still, I think it was the killer since her mother was hung also.

One of the murder weapons was the flat spade(?) or some type of tool/blade that was stolen from the museum/visitor center in town. So should we assume the killer is familiar with the town enough to know that was there? It's already been mentioned that the killer must have a basic knowledge of hte island and know his/her way around the forest.

+ Reply to Thread