+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 128 123456789101151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Castle on ABC

Tonight was the first night...good show...funny with that detective vibe having to solve crimes and murders..for those that read JD Robb books...it reminds me in some ways of the 'banter" between Eve and Roarke
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Re: Castle on ABC

I liked it, too. I've always been a fan of Nathan Fillion. I thought it funny that he hung out with James Patterson and other authors to play poker! I also enjoyed the snarkiness and banter. I'll definitely watch again, which begs the question... How long before those poo-headed abc execs cancel it?

I really liked it and I am most definitely a fan of Nathan Fillion. Susan Sullivan as his mother is a treat. And how inspired to have Castle's poker buddies be Stephen J Cannell and James Patterson!

I'll be watching and I am hopeful that ABC will give it a fair chance since they have been promoting it a lot.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3377364;
    Tonight was the first night...good show...funny with that detective vibe having to solve crimes and murders..for those that read JD Robb books...it reminds me in some ways of the 'banter" between Eve and Roarke
    I've taped but not watched yet, as I'm a big fan of NF since his soap days...but that quote almost changed my mind. I hate the "banter" between Eve and Roake, and can barely bring myself to read those books even though I like the author's other series and I like science fiction so you'd think it would be a natural. Roake especially is just too "perfect"...brilliant, handsome, dangerous, totally devoted, and rollilng in cash, come on.... Oh dear...

I really enjoyed this last night. EW (I think) didn't give this good reviews...said the female lead was too "buttoned-up" or some such. I disagree. I liked the chemistry. And I've liked Nathan Fillion since his One Life days. I tell you what though...either I'm getting older too (entirely possible ), or Nathan is one guy that is definitely improving with age!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I thought the previews looked good. I didn't want to get hooked on another show since we're always behind on the ones we do watch. I really liked this though and loved that Cannell and Patterson were on with him. That was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3378117;
    I've taped but not watched yet, as I'm a big fan of NF since his soap days...but that quote almost changed my mind. I hate the "banter" between Eve and Roake, and can barely bring myself to read those books even though I like the author's other series and I like science fiction so you'd think it would be a natural. Roake especially is just too "perfect"...brilliant, handsome, dangerous, totally devoted, and rollilng in cash, come on.... Oh dear...
    i meant that in a different way you seem to understand it...but I don't really know how to explain what I mean..he is nothing like Roarke as far as the things you said...even though he seems to know everyone....but maybe i should have said the smart aleck sarcasm between these two on castle i thought was funny,
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Just finished watching it and the was the most fun I have had watching a TV show in a long time.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'm so mad I missed this. Do you think it will be online, or repeated soon so I can see it? Feverishing setting DVR for next week.

I liked Castle too. I like the relationship between the two leads and I think that since it's the pilot, their relationship should pick up. I love the line from the previews next week about "telling her how sex works later." Hahaha. MY only issue with Nathan Fillion is that I was a die-hard Buffy fan and still briefly think of him as the creepy evil preacher in the last season. I STILL do that with David Boreanaz on Bones, DH rolls his eyes when I mutter, "No, Angel don't go into the sun."

+ Reply to Thread