+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 128 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100 ... LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I love that Castle and Beckett are finally together...and how great was NF's shout out to all the "Caskett" shippers last night I know I'm dating myself with this one, but does anyone else remember "Hart to Hart" - or the even older "McMillan and Wife" (ok, I was only like 6 when that was on)? Those were fun shows in their day and the leads were already married. And how about all those great old "Thin Man" movies? Nick and Nora had chemistry and "witty banter" all over the place! Good writers should definitely be able to write great stuff...even when it's no longer about "will they or won't they" because they already have
    I remember and loved those shows and films, too, and I agree that it's refreshing to see this couple together. They are always entertaining as are their relationships with the supporting cast. It look as if another character discovers their secret each week. I imagine Gates will be the last to know. I wonder if Ryan concealing it from Esposito will set their mending friendship back a notch.

I have long despised the conjoining of names to indicate a relationship; it just grates on me, but I have to say that Caskett is not so bad considering the premise of the show. Great episode last night. Castle is going into my permanent dvd collection for sure.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I love that Castle and Beckett are finally together...and how great was NF's shout out to all the "Caskett" shippers last night I know I'm dating myself with this one, but does anyone else remember "Hart to Hart"- or the even older "McMillan and Wife" (ok, I was only like 6 when that was on)? Those were fun shows in their day and the leads were already married. And how about all those great old "Thin Man" movies? Nick and Nora had chemistry and "witty banter" all over the place! Good writers should definitely be able to write great stuff...even when it's no longer about "will they or won't they" because they already have
    OMG, I loved BOTH those shows. Susan St. James and Rock Hudson … LOVED LOVED LOVED that show!!!!
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    LOVED Castle last night - so much so that I watched it twice! I worried that the romance with Castle and Beckett would ruin the show for me, but it hasn't at all. don't know how long they can keep t up, but right now it's working.

My favorite scene was the one where Ryan reveals that he knows the truth about them. All three of them were spot on in their acting and so funny.

I'm looking forward to the next epi but wish I didn't have to wait TWO WEEKS.
    Funny, that's not how I saw it. Yes, Ryan knows. He didn't tell Castle and Kate that he knows, he poked a little saying that the partner told him everything but remember the partner didn't know Kate was a homicide cop at the time just Castle's girlfriend, but it was fun to see "Caskett" on edge during the entire conversation.

BTW what is the ethics rule about dating co-workers in the NYPD? Esposito mentioned one of Beckett's old boyfriends was dating someone from Vice. How is that not dating a co-worker?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Castle is a consultant, not an employee, so I would argue loud and long that any ban does not apply to them. Plus, since our dreadful economy forces most people to work way more hours than is reasonable, I'm not quite sure where else people meet anymore. BTW, I met my husband at work at a time when it was perfectly natural to do so.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree that the rules might not apply here, as Castle isn't being paid so far as we know. He's not really an employee.

A lot of companies frown on/forbid peer employees from dating because they feel it can hurt the work atmosphere, especially when the couple breaks up, as is of course fairly likely to happen. Most companies these days have policies forbidding dating people in your line of command because of the opportunities for sexual harassment, favoritism, perceptions of favortism, etc.

Groups where there is a lot physical danger particularly frown on relationships even between peers because they feel that when the partner is in danger his/her boyfriend/girlfriend will have their decisions influenced by emotional issues. So in a police department that would be especially so. I would guess if you are dating someone in a completely different unit it's less of an issue. So on The Mentalist for example they had a cop couple break up because neither wanted to leave the unit, and I thought that was especially true to life.

But I also agree it's really tough if you are in an all consuming job...where else do you meet people?

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post

I have long despised the conjoining of names to indicate a relationship; it just grates on me, but I have to say that Caskett is not so bad considering the premise of the show. Great episode last night. Castle is going into my permanent dvd collection for sure.
    same - some of them dont' even make any sense. I see no need to do it, we have Ben Affleck and JLo to thank for that phenomonon. But it was cool to have the "Caskett" shout out.
    Florimel likes this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Castle is a consultant, not an employee, so I would argue loud and long that any ban does not apply to them. Plus, since our dreadful economy forces most people to work way more hours than is reasonable, I'm not quite sure where else people meet anymore. BTW, I met my husband at work at a time when it was perfectly natural to do so.
    the rules wouldn't apply - but didn't Beckett say she didn't want to give the boss ammunition to get rid of Castle?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Ah, I missed that. And of course taking Castle to dangerous situations would create the problems mentioned above, of distracting the officer (Kate) from thinking clearly.

I figured I'd hate it once Castle & Beckett became a couple. Too many shows went down the tubes that way.
    But I've loved this season so far, & love how the writers are handling the relationship. It just seems to give one more fun aspect to the show to see how the two of them are trying to keep it a secret. Especially as Castle said "in a room full of detectives".
    I also like the way the writers have kept the banter between the two of them virtually the same.

For a season I figured I'd quit watching, I'm glad I didn't. It may have even improved the show.
    nanarama likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

There are a couple of upcoming episodes I am so looking forward to watching. I'll use spoilers for anyone who doesn't want to see although I don't know much of anything except for basic premise and a few guest stars.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Episode 5.6 will take place a NYC comic con. Jonathan Frakes will direct and have a cameo role. Ed Quinn of Eureka will also guest star.

The other one, I don't know the date or episode number, will feature Kate's father, Jim Beckett, and the rumor is there will be some interesting action between him and Martha, as in a Meet the Parents type thing. Might also be some romantic sparks there, too. I'm very intrigued.

+ Reply to Thread