+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 128 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596 ... LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

Any other Dollhouse fans get excited over seeing Tahmoh Penikett tonight? Even though he played a baddie, I love him!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Any other Dollhouse fans get excited over seeing Tahmoh Penikett tonight? Even though he played a baddie, I love him!
    Yes! I love seeing him regardless of the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    And THAT'S where I know him from! He's such a cutie!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I have mixed feelings about this episode, mostly because it does give an unusual feeling of this could be the final story of the series.

Not that I think "Castle" will be canceled - far from it (my knowledge it's still the top or second in that time slot), but they did leave the door open in case they had to just up and cancel it.

I liked how they interspersed the graduate speech with Beckett's reactions and the like. That's typical of the show and fitting.

The one thing I am hoping for is that with Kate's actions that we're seeing either a move on - or better - that it's giving us an opportunity to either see Castle and Beckett somehow create a detective agency or allowing the ugly attitude boss to be written out and then have a fairer - tough but fair - one in the place so we can go back to the fun story lines.

Sorry, but my biggest pet peeve was the boss by far - she was harsh to the point of disturbing. She to me has been the biggest problem with the show in recent months - yes even over Kate's mom's murder.
    mom2 likes this.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I hate the boss too - she adds nothing to the storyline but aggravation.

I thought about Kate resigning and them starting a PI firm too. I get where Kevin was coming from - I don't think he wanted to go behind Kate and Javier's back, but he wanted them safe and protected. I think he hates the boss as much as we do!!

I loved them together at the end. Just the right amount of steamy.

I enjoyed the episode. It had some stellar moments. I was sad at the break up of the Ryan/Espisito bromance!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I enjoyed the episode. It had some stellar moments. I was sad at the break up of the Ryan/Espisito bromance!
    I agree, but I do agree more with the reasoning there. Personally, unless one of them is leaving the show, I feel they'll be back because the humor there is very important too in the show.

I have to admit though one of my favorite moments was Beckett staring at her badge, thinking and realizing there was more to life than revenge and trying to find out who killed her mother. It was a nice moment of maturity for the character, as were the ones for Castle and his daughter.

CCL

As long as next season doesn't start with Castle and Beckett being wrenched apart again by something...I get the whole "will they, won't they" dance shows do, and I'm fine with it, but when years and years pass, it's too much. I know it's harder to write characters together than apart, but just because it's more difficult, doesn't mean it is impossible.

Dollhouse - thank you. That was bugging me.
    Florimel likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I like the PI idea because then they wouldn't be limited to murder mysteries. They'd have to tie in Esposito and Ryan though, even if they stay at the precinct, because I agree with all of you, this program would not be the same without them.

Call me crazy but at some point during last night's episode, I saw a screen that was similar to the "Castle" main page (for lack of a better description) and it was green with a little orange in it. Did anyone else notice it? I felt like it represented growth or perhaps the promise of a new start. I can't recall if the city skyline was there or not but I wondered if it was a clue re next season.

Oh, dear! I just watched on Hulu, and that last scene with Mr. Smith didn't bode well for Beckett's future. It sounds like they want her no matter what! Even if she's decided to stop looking, that may no longer be enough. So what now?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread