+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 130 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

The show started off with the set of what appeared to be very similar to Dancing with the Stars. Two contestants danced head to head in a ballroom dance and one would be voted out. The male was in his spot at the time of the number, however his female "rival" was not. A staffer went to her dressing room to tell her to hurry up and get dowstairs for the taping only to find her shot through the heart and dead in her chair. The dead female was a "good girl" who had lost her parents at a young age, lived with her brother at their grandfathers estate until grandfather died at the age of around 93. They checked several different people that could have wanted her dead only to come to dead ends (no pun intended). The "good girl" had been a bad girl for a few years until she was in a train wreck that almost cost her her life and she decided to change her ways. During all of this we have Castle's mom wanting to impress an old friend who a few years ago wrote a rather hurtful and harsh review about one of her performances. At the end of all of the twists and turns it comes out that the "good girl" had actually died in the train wreck and a "friend" that she had paid to look like her (so the "good girl" could get out of doing things she didn't want to do such as community service, etc) was the actual murder victim. The "good girl" and the man that was in charge of her grandfather's estate had smothered her grandfather because he found out about their relationship and threatened to cut off the "good girl" if she continued to see him. The "friend" discovered this and threatened to reveal all so the man in charge of grandfather's estate shot her.

Now to the best part, the previews for next week! Apparently Kate will reveal to a perp that it is entirely possible to recall every little detail when something horrible happens to you as she was shot in the chest in the recent past and remembers ALL of it. Castle is watching the interview and of course his mouth drops open. So we should soon see how the two will deal with Castle telling Kate he loves her when she was on the verge of death and her telling him she had no memory of the shooting.

How much fun was this episode coming right after the season premiere of Dancing With the Stars? And how much fun were Esposito and Ryan together? Gotta love those two characters. Also fun for me was Alexis providing the forensic answer to put them on the right track. Next week we go heavily dramatic again, an episode I'm very much looking forward to viewing.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I love Esposito & Ryan!!!

We read in Sunday's paper that they ARE going to have Castle & Beckett 'hook up'...but, it won't be all sunshine and lollipops after they do.

I just hope the show doesn't 'lose' something after they do. Seems every show loses something when they hook characters up

Quote Originally Posted by Ryansmom View Post
    I love Esposito & Ryan!!!

We read in Sunday's paper that they ARE going to have Castle & Beckett 'hook up'...but, it won't be all sunshine and lollipops after they do.

I just hope the show doesn't 'lose' something after they do. Seems every show loses something when they hook characters up
    You're right. It's been the death of many series. I'd prefer they wait 'till they decide it's the final season & use it as an end point.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

It is my hope that they don't wait for them to get together, which is must more realistic than the on again/off again for these two intelligent characters. Yes, there have been a good number of shows where getting the main characters together has made the show not as popular, but there have been others where that is not the case. It depends on the writing. There is so much room here for both drama and comedy regardless of whether Kate and Beckett acknowledge their feelings, and it's already been confirmed that there will be issues between them event after that happens based on the secrets they are keeping from each other. I don't watch Bones, but from what I've read, it hasn't hurt that show's popularity.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    It is my hope that they don't wait for them to get together, which is must more realistic than the on again/off again for these two intelligent characters. Yes, there have been a good number of shows where getting the main characters together has made the show not as popular, but there have been others where that is not the case. It depends on the writing. There is so much room here for both drama and comedy regardless of whether Kate and Beckett acknowledge their feelings, and it's already been confirmed that there will be issues between them event after that happens based on the secrets they are keeping from each other. I don't watch Bones, but from what I've read, it hasn't hurt that show's popularity.
    I think where some shows have failed is that they don't know how to write for a happy couple without it devolving into preciousness. They think the only way to create tension or excitement after that is to break them up. I think the writers on the show are good enough to avoid that trap. Plus, the tension of "will they or won't they?" doesn't have to do with any kind of love-hate relationship between Castle and Beckett. They've always pretty much liked each other and gotten along. It's like the Dave and Maddie banter that the Moonlighting writers produced and then lost when the couple got together.
    Florimel and nanarama like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I enjoyed last night's episode. I have to admit, I was beginning to think the "bloom was off the rose" for this series and each episode was becoming more predictable. Last night with both the quirky solution to the mystery - which I, for once, didn't figure out in advance - as well as the tension between Beckett and Castle made it a winner for me. I liked the subtle messages that were sent by those two. Lips compressed or a raised eyebrow said volumes. I'm looking forward to next week to see how it plays out!
    JavaJo likes this.

I loved last night's episodes, but then I can't think of one I haven't liked. I did know that the reveal of Castle learning that Beckett had always remembered what he said was coming, and I also know that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    she is going to learn the secret he's been keeping about helping to prevent her further investigation of her mother's death.
    . My gut feeling is they will resolve these issues between them by the end of the season, but that's just a guess. Meanwhile, I'm breathlessly waiting for Adam Baldwin's guest appearance.

Meanwhile, I'm breathlessly waiting for Adam Baldwin's guest appearance.
    Cannot. Wait! Every time I see Adam in anything, I think of Simon in "Jaynestown" staring at the statue of Jayne and saying, "This must be what going mad feels like." That and the end of Serenity when Zoe asks if he thinks anyone will survive and he replies "Well, I might."
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I loved last night's episodes, but then I can't think of one I haven't liked. I did know that the reveal of Castle learning that Beckett had always remembered what he said was coming, and I also know that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    she is going to learn the secret he's been keeping about helping to prevent her further investigation of her mother's death.
    . My gut feeling is they will resolve these issues between them by the end of the season, but that's just a guess. Meanwhile, I'm breathlessly waiting for Adam Baldwin's guest appearance.
    Oooh
    Click to see Spoiler:
    ....then I imagine they actually hook up and then she finds that out and that's what sets them back. Which would definitely ignite the tension anew so it's not stale like other shows when the couple finally get together.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread