+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 128 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889 ... LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

I loved the paps thinking he was Jason Bateman
    Florimel and 2boysmom like this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Fabulous episode last night! I do love 40's film noir and the cast handled their parts perfectly. I loved Alexis as the Bridget O'Shaunessy in Maltese Falcon character and Lainie as the singer. Esposito and Ryan as the tough guys who always beat up the private eye were marvelous. Nathan's shoutouts to Bogart and the Falcon were another high spot for me -- "Why am I narrating this?" and "The stuff dreams are made of," Cheers!

How great was it to see Chad Everett? That voice will be recognizable until his dying day. I know he's done a few series in recent years, but none that I've watched. Titus Welliver is always a joy to watch, too.

I think we're back in serious mode for the next episode(s), a two-parter if memory serves. I love those, too, but this light-hearted homage was among the best of this season for me.
    ButterflyFaery, Coco46 and JavaJo like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

"Why am I narrating this?" had to have been the best line of the night, & there were quite a few.
    I loved the show last night. Great murder mystery. Great use of the cast. Great use of the whole drama/comedy thing. Great use of Castle's personality.
    This is the type of episodes I prefer. The Who-Killed-Her-Mother conspiracy plot leaves me cold. I never enjoy those episodes. Maybe it's the lack of the show's signature humor.
    nanarama likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Great episode - will definitely rewatch this weekend......

Chad Everett do you suppose we're dating ourselves??

I'd love to know if that was Lainie's voice.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I loved this story because it not only was cute and I loved the twist, it was NOT a cliche where someone was knocked out and dreamt this case, woke up and solved it. That was something I was afraid of.

Loved a lot of the humor as well and how Castle in particular didn't believe the one guy's story because of a film noir cliche - being chloroformed. Shows that he does know the difference between fantasy and reality too.

Best line for me was "Why am I narrating this?" too, and I thought they did a beautiful job with the blue butterfly as far as construction. Looked like it would've come from that time - and funny enough, paste jewels were more popular in that time, so I could see copies of that necklace to begin with.

The only complaint? - the singer was out of sync with the music.

Help! I just watched my tape of last Monday's (2/20) episode. I must have set my timer wrong & it cut off right before the end.

The supposed CIA gal was holding a gun to Castle's head. A shot rang out & she dropped forward. Someone was running in the background & POOF! Cut off! There was about 5-8 minutes left. The most important ones!
    I need someone to tell me how it ended. Please.
    I can't watch the streaming online episodes on my old dial-up dinosaur.

Remember the dirty CIA guy they arrested? Yeah, it was him who was set up by Beals' character. He shot her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryansmom View Post
    Remember the dirty CIA guy they arrested? Yeah, it was him who was set up by Beals' character. He shot her.
    How did he escape? The last time I saw him he was arrested & being hauled away.
    Then what? Did someone stop the girl from being killed? Who? How?
    Details, I need details.

I believe dirty CIA girl offered him a spot on her traitor team and he accepted - to keep an eye on her. At the end when she was about to pull the trigger, a shot rang out and she fell.

Btw, I'm loving Castle's daughter in the coroner's office.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    How did he escape? The last time I saw him he was arrested & being hauled away.
    Then what? Did someone stop the girl from being killed? Who? How?
    Details, I need details.
    I thought he grabbed a female co-worker, hopped in the elevator and by the time they got the doors open, he was gone and the woman was lying on the floor of the elevator. That's the last I remember seeing of him. Jennifer Beales character was the dirty one and she had a guy on her team working with her. He was sent to kill the little girl while she dealt with Kate and Castle. The guy she framed (the one who escaped via elevator) was on site to try to prevent them from killing the little girl. He shot Beales in the head, told K/C to follow him and Kate tackled Beales partner before he could get a shot off at the little girl. It caused a commotion and they played it off, dragging the guy outside. Later back in the police station, the framed guy who saved their bacon explained that he knew where the Asian man and his family would be, so he headed there to stop the killing.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread