+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 135 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283123 ... LastLast
Like Tree313Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

I LOVED last night's episode - I still have to watch last week's - it's been dvr'd - so for me, last night finally saw the return to the fun, excitement and chemistry that have made me love this show. (And I watch very little tv from the "major networks."

I enjoyed last nights episode, as well. One thing bugged me and another thing pleased me. Kate spoke inside the bank when she went in. I'd think the robber she talked to on the phone would give pause when he heard her voice. It's pretty distinctive. The thing that pleased me was no Captain. That woman irritates me. I think it's because she demands to be called 'sir'. It's stupid. She worked her way up the old boys club ladder...you'd think she'd take more pride in being a woman who accomplished that. I am woman, hear me roar...lol. Eh, it's weird and it annoys me.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Despite the fact that there were parts of this episode that were extremely unrealistic... like Kate just happening to fit so perfectly into a spare EMT uniform... all is forgiven when the end result is so exceptional. This week they didn't get there in the nick of time, which suited the story well, giving them pause and clarity in all of their relationships. At the same time, this show also managed to put out a profound message about domestic violence and the intense fear that some woman live through hiding from a spouse who will stop at nothing. Funny and sweet, and thought provoking.

Luv'd the bank hostage episode. Luv'd the interactions between Castle and his mom. Really nice to see a grown man say "I love you mother". If fact Castle's relationship with his mother and daughter are one of the best things about this show. BTW I thought the actor playing the epileptic might have been a ringer, it just seemed too good looking to be one of the extra's.
    Florimel and Coco46 like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

yeah - I tagged the guy as being in on it right from the moment I saw him - although I don't know his name, he looks very familiar to me, and there was something about they way they focused on him when Castle was on the phone.

and I love that he is keeping score....LOL
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Despite the fact that there were parts of this episode that were extremely unrealistic... like Kate just happening to fit so perfectly into a spare EMT uniform... all is forgiven when the end result is so exceptional. This week they didn't get there in the nick of time, which suited the story well, giving them pause and clarity in all of their relationships. At the same time, this show also managed to put out a profound message about domestic violence and the intense fear that some woman live through hiding from a spouse who will stop at nothing. Funny and sweet, and thought provoking.
    I noticed that, too. Aside from the fact that it is a tv show that isn't always completely plausable, I noticed that Kate spoke very softly while in the bank and not so much that the "Dr Trapper" would be able to identify her voice, imo. Where she got the uniform so quickly is one that I didn't even think of at the time. Good catch, Baby's Breath.

Since this is Castle - I'm always willing to overlook minor details like that. This show somewhat serious with plenty of campiness thrown in. Prolly why I love it so much.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Thanks nanarama.

Did any of you notice the hostage in the tan jacket? He spoke once, maybe twice. Was that Ernie from My Three Sons?!

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Thanks nanarama.

Did any of you notice the hostage in the tan jacket? He spoke once, maybe twice. Was that Ernie from My Three Sons?!
    It was! I looked it up on imdb to confirm.
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    I noticed that, too. Aside from the fact that it is a tv show that isn't always completely plausable, I noticed that Kate spoke very softly while in the bank and not so much that the "Dr Trapper" would be able to identify her voice, imo. Where she got the uniform so quickly is one that I didn't even think of at the time. Good catch, Baby's Breath.
    I had the same thought about her recognizable voice, but I also noticed that she spoke very quietly to Castle and so I listed very carefully on my second watch. I do not think "Dr. Trapper," could hear her at all. I think that if he heard anything, he'd have told them not to talk at all.

I also enjoyed Alexis breaking up with Ash at the end. I've been expecting it and it does open things up for more Alexis story line now that she's getting older.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread