+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 134 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182122 ... LastLast
Like Tree305Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    They did have at least one - I remember because they left Cannell's chair empty out of respect.
    Yes, they did. It was the episode where the young writer with one successful book was trying to outshine Castle and was completely obnoxious. He joined the game and one of the poker players, I think it was Dennis Lehane, put him soundly in his place, and they did have an empty chair for Cannell. I'm sure they don't want to overdo the poker games, but I would love to see more of them, at least two or three per season.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Yes, they did. It was the episode where the young writer with one successful book was trying to outshine Castle and was completely obnoxious. He joined the game and one of the poker players, I think it was Dennis Lehane, put him soundly in his place, and they did have an empty chair for Cannell. I'm sure they don't want to overdo the poker games, but I would love to see more of them, at least two or three per season.
    I'm not sure if any of you have actually read any of the Nikki Heat books they are good and one of those poker players is the writer of these books wish I could figure out which one
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I'm not sure if any of you have actually read any of the Nikki Heat books they are good and one of those poker players is the writer of these books wish I could figure out which one
    I have no idea, but my first guess would be James Patterson because he was one of the original members of the poker game and has been at all of them. It can't be Cannell unless he wrote them before he died, and Dennis Lehane hasn't been there since the beginning. If I remember correctly, the fourth player changed from game to game; the first one was a woman. Just a guess.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

CCL

Castle's response to the bank robbery " I'm not happy with the current level of service at this bank and think we should take our money elsewhere.". Great episode tonight.
    ButterflyFaery likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I have no idea, but my first guess would be James Patterson because he was one of the original members of the poker game and has been at all of them. It can't be Cannell unless he wrote them before he died, and Dennis Lehane hasn't been there since the beginning. If I remember correctly, the fourth player changed from game to game; the first one was a woman. Just a guess.
    I don't think it's Patterson because Nathan has said in interviews that the real author commented that it was the first time he hit #1 on the NYT bestseller list and his real name wasn't even on the book. I did a little searching and found this: Happy Endings Blog – jeannieruesch.com » Blog Archive » Who Writes Richard Castle Books?
    Florimel and JavaJo like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I don't think it's Patterson because Nathan has said in interviews that the real author commented that it was the first time he hit #1 on the NYT bestseller list and his real name wasn't even on the book. I did a little searching and found this: Happy Endings Blog – jeannieruesch.com » Blog Archive » Who Writes Richard Castle Books?
    What you say totally makes sense, Critical, and so does that article. I originally guessed Patterson because I thought the author was at the poker game, but a cameo role a la what Hitchcock used to do in his movies just works.

Fabulous episode!!! Best episode of the season.....
    nanarama likes this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I really do not see how they are going to keep Castle and Beckett apart much longer! All those "I almost lost you" revelations must lead somewhere! I know there is a feeling that Kate is frozen until her mom's murder is solved, but last night she sure looked like she was thawing to me!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Very interesting. I may buy Tom Straw's book just to check out the style. If I can get it on Kindle. Whoever does the writing does a great job of sounding like Castle. If it weren't for the "evidence" in the post above I'd have figured it was a screenwriter for the show.

I must add that I loved seeing Dean Norris from Breaking Bad as the chief hostage negotiator. He adds to any show he appears in for me.

+ Reply to Thread