+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 128 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576116 ... LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Wow!! I expected Captain to go down swinging but I did not expect that ending!
    awwwwwwwwwww I needed a tissue when he told her he loved her..but...I bet anything that when she comes out of it surgery and all she won't remember it
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Wow!! I expected Captain to go down swinging but I did not expect that ending!
    Nor did I. I expected the death would be the captain and I expected it would be during the investigation of this case, but I did not expect that twist.

It seems to be a theme this season as we saw a similar event on Hawaii 5-0 in tonight's season finale.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I did NOT see that coming! Not the death part but dirty cop part. Wow.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I too thought the Captain would be killed during the investigation, not as a dirty cop. Was the shooting of Beckett completely unexpected or is Beckett trying to flush out the last segments of the bad cop network by playing possum? Was the bad cop who owned the bar elimated with the others in the Hangar or wasn't he there?

As for Castle telling Beckett he loves her, I don't think that she'll remember it either, but how many others heard him say it?
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow View Post
    I too thought the Captain would be killed during the investigation, not as a dirty cop. Was the shooting of Beckett completely unexpected or is Beckett trying to flush out the last segments of the bad cop network by playing possum? Was the bad cop who owned the bar elimated with the others in the Hangar or wasn't he there?

As for Castle telling Beckett he loves her, I don't think that she'll remember it either, but how many others heard him say it?
    My impression is that either Castle or Beckett have at this point received the package that the Captain mailed and that the funeral was an opportunity to flush out the last guy. I bet Kate is wearing Kevlar under her uniform and will not be hurt as badly as it looks. They may play it as though she is dead/or in the hospital dying, so that they can get to the last guy.

My feeling about the Captain is not that he was a bad guy but was an unfortunate rookie caught in the wrong place at the wrong time and has been trying to make up for it ever since but was doing all that he could not to protect the bad cops but to protect Kate from the bad cops. Every time she started to get close on her mother's case he would try to stear her away from it so that the bad guys would not come after her. I admired her loyalty to him and her recognition that he was not really bad but a good guy that had made a bad mistake...there is a difference.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

Though I do not know for sure, I would bet anything that Beckett will survive. But the initial shock was pretty jarring!

I'm curious to see how this all plays out. The killer is still out there.

It’s obvo Beckett either wasn’t shot or isn’t going to die – I really hate endings like this when you know the actor isn’t leaving and the show has been renewed.

Other than that the episode was absolutely spectacular. I started getting a hint of the captain being in on it after the documents appeared with the altered name. Someone high up and inside would be the likely suspect.

And Ryan and Esposito rocked it last night – they get straight A’s from me!!

I’m a sap and cry at almost anything, but that ending had me a mess. I loved that Castle addressed the kissing and the near death experience that never seems to go anywhere. I love the relationship and I don’t want it to change, but I want them to deal with the feelings they do have for each other.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by deedreamer View Post
    My impression is that either Castle or Beckett have at this point received the package that the Captain mailed and that the funeral was an opportunity to flush out the last guy. I bet Kate is wearing Kevlar under her uniform and will not be hurt as badly as it looks. They may play it as though she is dead/or in the hospital dying, so that they can get to the last guy.

My feeling about the Captain is not that he was a bad guy but was an unfortunate rookie caught in the wrong place at the wrong time and has been trying to make up for it ever since but was doing all that he could not to protect the bad cops but to protect Kate from the bad cops. Every time she started to get close on her mother's case he would try to stear her away from it so that the bad guys would not come after her. I admired her loyalty to him and her recognition that he was not really bad but a good guy that had made a bad mistake...there is a difference.
    I agree. Not sure how it is going to play in the first episode next season, but when the chief specifically said "you'll never get her, I've made sure of that" and then the very next scene is her being shot . . . there will be more to it.

I was expecting the chief to die, but not everything else. And I CERTAINLY wasn't expecting Rick to tell her he loved her at the end. Man, that one really came out of left field! I thought the surprises were done - but kudos to the producers for throwing that one in at the last minute!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

She may be wearing Kelvar, but Rick sure didn't know it...he could have gotten killed throwing himself on her, and the I love you could not have been part of any planned script between the two of them, even if he'd agreed to look distraught... I'd guess.
    I agree, impossible that she's dead given the show, so will be interesting to see where this goes. Was NOT surprised the crook was killed during the jail transfer...how obvious was that...
    Also agree about the similarity to what is going on on Hawaii 5-0 with the crooked gov. At least the captain was more the rookie misled than an out and out crook.

Since the show is coming back in the fall, Beckett will live. No need to speculate on that. That pairing is ratings gold. We'll just have to wait and see if she was wearing Kevlar or is in the hospital for a long time recovering. I agree that she likely won't remember Castle's declaration of love. She'll probably fall for her doctor or something and then we'll have to watch him pine for her for another season!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread